Kiddies' spinoff of thread 'Hasta la Vista'

jimpeel

You know when we put in the RW there was only one real problem that we had decided on. If it got too bad it would be forever erased from the boards.
Granted i have not been active here in a while. I am disgusted with what that forum has become and done to the site as a whole. We have lost way to many members that have been replace by junk posters that think they are the only right person on the site.
Now even though i may not have alot of say to some of the newbies around here i do have enough pull with the higher powers to start up a vote as to wether we go back to the original agreement and start making decisions about what stays or goes.
The ONLY thing we ever asked anyone was to keep the shit in the RW there and to not drag it out to the rest of the forums. If you are mature enough to do it then I will ask you to politely get the hell out. Before you ruin it for all.

Hell, I managed to get an employee canned in one night. Getting rid of some worthless baggage shouldn't be too big a challenge.

works for me.

Love ya Sammy baby! Let's clean up the riff raff! This is a place for friends to come together and enjoy each other...not to fight (and in my opinion also not for serious in depth debates...). Let's go back to just having fun.

Watch what you wish for. If there is no real world for us then we might just simply join you in your fantasy worlds. Right now, you know where to find us. Lord knows where we might show up if the forum goes away.

I'm glad I have chosen to stay out of that world as I now have gotten a glimpse of the types of people who frequent them.

Professur

Dude ... the playground you frequent is owned and operated by the guy you're addressing. The rules you hide behind written by his hand, in his sweat. The rules that let you act the ass in the Real World. We all post at his pleasure ...

Threaten him or his site, even indirectly ... I'll personally take pleasure in ensuring that noone in your entire state posts here without an engraved invitation. I may not have the official title any more, but I still know where the admin panel is hidden.

jimpeel

Dude ... the playground you frequent is owned and operated by the guy you're addressing. The rules you hide behind written by his hand, in his sweat. The rules that let you act the ass in the Real World. We all post at his pleasure ...

Threaten him or his site, even indirectly ... I'll personally take pleasure in ensuring that noone in your entire state posts here without an engraved invitation. I may not have the official title any more, but I still know where the admin panel is hidden.

Unlike yourself, I threatened nothing.

You have mail.

I will leave you all to your devices now. Post away but there will be no replies.

Professur

Unlike yourself, I threatened nothing.

You have mail.

I will leave you all to your devices now. Post away but there will be no replies.

Best thing you've posted yet, and easily the smartest. And, Sunshine .... that wasn't a threat. It was a bonafide promise.

Inkara1

If the RW forum is disposed of, and instead of the members who lurk there joining the active discussions and being contibuting members, if they just pull out the partisan bickering and pollute the other threads with it... I know I'd be happy to see the ban cannon get dusted off and used.

jimpeel said:
Watch what you wish for. If there is no real world for us then we might just simply join you in your fantasy worlds. Right now, you know where to find us. Lord knows where we might show up if the forum goes away.

I'm glad I have chosen to stay out of that world as I now have gotten a glimpse of the types of people who frequent them.

Since when is not wanting to basically discuss politics with a wall "living in a fantasy world"?

Allow me to let you in on a little secret: I consider many of the people here to be friends and I treat this place like an online Elks Lodge or something along that line. I come here to hang out, catch up on what's going on in the lives of my friends, share my life with them, and so on. Maybe you get into deep, heated, hate-filled political discussions with your friends, but I generally don't with mine. It's not fun. I have enough shit to deal with off the internet; when I come here, it's for recreation. The RW forum and what spills out of it into threads such as this one is not recreation; it's work with no benefit. I know I'm sure as hell not going to take your opinion or anyone else's into consideration when I step into the voting booth. I do happen to agree with you on probably 75 percent of the issues, but that's not 100 percent and no amount of trying to drown me in links would make it 100 percent. It will annoy me though, with no benefit. At least if I'm annoyed at work, I'm being paid to be annoyed. If I'm not at work but doing something annoying for a friend or family member, then I'm being annoyed for the benefit of someone I care about. But if I'm annoyed reading stupid crap from you, Cerise, Spike, etc., how does that benefit me or anyone I know? It doesn't.

I posted all this because I know full well that even if you don't post any replies, I don't believe for a second that you're not reading this thread.

samcurry

Screwing with the code...
Staff member
"Watch what you wish for. If there is no real world for us then we might just simply join you in your fantasy worlds. Right now, you know where to find us. Lord knows where we might show up if the forum goes away."

Like the old days that is exactly why the kiddie korner and coventry was created.
You can either enjoy visiting here or it can be a living hell. And coventry is a living hell that you dont realize you in for quite a while.

MrBishop

Is it just me or is the recent threadguments reminiscent of the bi-partisan reality of the US political world?

Let's not blind ourselves...the RW was a pretty harsh place to visit long before Jim, Cherry and Spike popped in... but then again, it may very well by what drew them in the first place.

MrBishop

True n'uff... but then the post/thread count in the RW started outpacing all other forums put together, and ... well... The OT in OTC started dropping as well. I took a vacation as well...came back to see if it had changed. It didn't much change.

paul_valaru

100% Pure Canadian Beef
It got to serious, to divissive. to angry,I remember being able to discuss things. Not the propaganda machine it has become.

Professur

But that returns to the initial point. Should posters be allowed to totally ignore the spirit that this board was founded with. It seems to me that if you don`t make off topic your topic, you`re in the wrong place. How many potential new members have never signed on because the majority of the day's posts are argumentative politics. Personally, I`d rather a new prospect see half as many posts per day, but at least a higher percentage of them outside of the Bickersphere.

paul_valaru

100% Pure Canadian Beef
I think debate is healthy, but it has turned to arguements, and linkfests and he said she saids. It is no longer debate it is pissing contests.

I liked the days when I would LEARN something from the RW, it might not change my views on things, but it would make me think. Now it just makes me ill, and brings out my anti-americanism.

MrBishop

The question is...where's the line drawn? 20/80 split? (TRW/OT) 50/50%?
Perhaps OTC needs a few more Mods.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

paul_valaru

100% Pure Canadian Beef
The question is...where's the line drawn? 20/80 split? (TRW/OT) 50/50%?
Perhaps OTC needs a few more Mods.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

doesn't need more mods, no split.

and the watchmen movie isn't out yet.

jsut be a part of the whole community or don't.

coventry

Professur

doesn't need more mods, no split.

and the watchmen movie isn't out yet.

jsut be a part of the whole community or don't.

coventry

Did you ever read the Camulod chronicles? Imagine the Arthur legend rewritten as a historical fiction. Brilliant. I highly recommend it.

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
But that returns to the initial point. Should posters be allowed to totally ignore the spirit that this board was founded with. It seems to me that if you don`t make off topic your topic, you`re in the wrong place. How many potential new members have never signed on because the majority of the day's posts are argumentative politics. Personally, I`d rather a new prospect see half as many posts per day, but at least a higher percentage of them outside of the Bickersphere.

I agree, posting in TRW should be for active members who contribute, share and behave well in the other forums.