Kids say the darnedest things

tonksy

A place for our collective parent/child conversation gems.

Malory - "Mom, how do you spell anteater?"
Me - "A...n...t..e...a...t...e...r"
Malory - ".......What was the next letter?"
Me - "Well where are you?"
Malory - "In the kitchen"

Payton "Mommy, I want to go on an airplane. Can we do it tomorrow?"

Me "Well, no honey, not tomorrow. You have to have tickets to fly on an airplane and we don't have any tickets"

Payton "Can we go to Wal Mart and get some tickets?"

Rob (loosely paraphrased as I wasn't paying close attention yet) - "Malory, you need to eat your vegetables or you won't grow up pretty and strong - You'll growing up weak and ugly".
Marlowe - "Like Toby!"

:D

(Toby was the mooch in the basement for 6 years).

"I didn't start doing lots of drugs until I was in college."
"Dad, are you trying to set a good example or something? Because it's not working"
"Yeah, I guess you're right."

Rob (loosely paraphrased as I wasn't paying close attention yet) - "Malory, you need to eat your vegetables or you won't grow up pretty and strong - You'll growing up weak and ugly".
Marlowe - "Like Toby!"

:D

(Toby was the mooch in the basement for 6 years).

ahahahahahaha

Our walking tax deduction has taken upon herself to enter that phase where the stupidest stuff falls out of her mouth. A few recent gems:

"What do you cook in a rice cooker?" (My all time favorite)

"I love Krystal fries, but they taste a lot like potatoes."

(First day in the new house) Me: They turned the lights on today.
Her: Does that mean we have electricity too?

(I am sitting in a chair with a Baggie over my fingers about to put something in it...) "Don't do that, you'll suffocate your fingers!"

Our walking tax deduction has taken upon herself to enter that phase where the stupidest stuff falls out of her mouth. A few recent gems:

"What do you cook in a rice cooker?" (My all time favorite)

(First day in the new house) Me: They turned the lights on today.
Her: Does that mean we have electricity too?

(I am sitting in a chair with a Baggie over my fingers about to put something in it...) "Don't do that, you'll suffocate your fingers!"

LOL!
This one has a special place in my heart:

Malory has a habit of telling folks she wants mashed potatoes with no potatoes in it...what does that mean? No lumps.

Years ago at the local dirt track, a kid went through the concession line (consisting of hot dogs, hamburgers, BBQ on a bun, and ham and cheese sandwiches bagged under heat lamps) and held up the entire line until a worker asked him what he wanted, to which he replied "A ham and cheese without the cheese." Cracked me up. I was maybe 9 and he was 6 or so, was there every week. Just too damn cute.

I found a Google Search the other day: (read from bottom up)

very big boobs
naked people
boobs

I guess the boobs weren't big enough.

Paul asked Avery's friend how his trip to his grandpa's house was. Kid says, "Sweet! We went bunny hunting! I didn't know their skin comes off so easy!" :alienhuh:

Well, there are boobs... and then there are very big boobs. Maybe he decided the normal boobs weren't enough.

"Hey Mom...I hurt my finger"...
finger.jpg

BTW - She has no idea what this means - and I didn't enlighten her.

"Hey Mom...I hurt my finger"...
finger.jpg

BTW - She has no idea what this means - and I didn't enlighten her.

Just like my son's 'coolest gun' - which we have to remind him to put back in it's holster every once in a while. (cept his is held sideways, and the thumb's out)

Naw. I just try to swap out the backgrounds weekly to keep the machine looking fresh, and to avoid burnin on this old screen.

Back