Kruz's New Truck

Kruz

Well I went back to work Monday "still have a limp" but not to bad. it's gonna take a while to get back in the swing..
One of the guys at work had this truck he was selling and I need to replace my smashed S-10 with somthing!
anyway, after some haggeling and him feeling sorry for me..
I got him to take $1,400 for this Truck.
(1990 F150 XLT Lariat 4x4)
Loaded with all the options :D
it's got 150,000 miles on it but was well takin care of.. and just had new heads/valves done. Transmission is a fresh rebuild (by us).
drive train is 100% solid, transfercase, front and rear differentials serviced on a regular basis, and new brakes on all 4 wheels.... needless to say, this is a southern "rust-Free" gem..... :lol2:

a buddy of mine has a `90 with minimal options, 2x4, standard cab, 4.9L. He's kept it in near-perfect shape, and it still runs, which is suprising considering what a maniac he is.

sweet truck BTW, if i were forced to drive a truck, i'd want something like that.

update... my brother has a set of "Pirelli Scorpion A/T's" (33x12.5x15) mounted on ford wheels (15x8)that he will sell to me for $175.
so it looks like we will be doing a 3" body lift on my truck to fit the tires and wheels..:)

Nice.

It is rare that you see a vehicle around here that old with out and rust unless it was kept in a garage most of its life. The salt really kicks their ass.

No snow = no road salt. I've known guys who made livings buying older cars around here, doing slight rehab jobs, and unloading them up north for a massive markup. The selling point? No rust.

Among the rodders I know, the rule is to buy the bodies in the South (less rust from road salt) and the engines up yonder (less running and gunning on back roads) whenever possible.

Good deal on the ride btw. 1400's a steal for most anything that cranks and runs with 4X4.

Also no rust proofing, HL. (says the guys who's gonna spend most of the summer welding new steel into the floor of his pickup)

There's a lot to be said for rustproofing up here. Relativly cheap (about $40/year)...but adds mucho value. :D

Nice pickup BTW!

Back