Late term Abortion Doc Shot Dead

When I heard the name Scott Roeder I stopped in my tracks. Roeder has a past and was arrested for possession of explosives. He got probation but that was thrown out because his car was illegally searched.

http://www.kansas.com/690/story/834448.html

In April 1996, Roeder was arrested in Topeka after Shawnee County sheriff's deputies stopped him for not having a proper license plate. In his car, officers said they found ammunition, a blasting cap, a fuse cord, a one-pound can of gunpowder and two 9-volt batteries, with one connected to a switch that could have been used to trigger a bomb.

Jim Jimerson, supervisor of the Kansas City ATF's bomb and arson unit, worked on the case.

"There wasn't enough there to blow up a building," Jimerson said at the time, but he said it could make several powerful pipe bombs.

Roeder, who then lived in Silver Lake, was stopped because he had an improper license plate that read "Sovereign private property. Immunity declared by law. Non-commercial American." Authorities said the plate was typical of those used by Freemen.

Roeder was arraigned on one count of criminal use of explosives and misdemeanor charges of driving on a suspended license, failure to carry a Kansas registration and failure to carry liability insurance.

He was found guilty and sentenced in June 1996 to 24 months of probation with intensive supervision and ordered to dissociate himself from anti-government groups that advocated violence.

But in December 1997, his probation ended six months early when the Kansas Court of Appeals overturned his conviction. The court held that evidence against Roeder was seized by authorities during an illegal search of his car.

ordered to dissociate himself from anti-government groups that advocated violence.

Does this not worry anyone? I thought freedom to associate with whomever you pleased was one of the integral rights in your constitution.

Frankly, I expect this sort of behavior to increase dramatically in the next decade, as people see more and more cases of what they see as "wrong" getting the official nod. The people are seeing that the "official channels" will not stop (and even encourage) what they feel is wrong and they'll take matters into their own hands ... for the good of all .... and call themselves patriots as they do it.

Does this not worry anyone? I thought freedom to associate with whomever you pleased was one of the integral rights in your constitution.

Frankly, I expect this sort of behavior to increase dramatically in the next decade, as people see more and more cases of what they see as "wrong" getting the official nod. The people are seeing that the "official channels" will not stop (and even encourage) what they feel is wrong and they'll take matters into their own hands ... for the good of all .... and call themselves patriots as they do it.
This is the same as telling a convicted child molester to not hang out around grade-schools...or hackers not allowed to own computers, or conspirators hanging around with their co-conspirators. You're on the wrong slippery slope, but keep your arms and legs inside the car at all times and enjoy the ride.

for the good of all
? - that's what they say, anyway...it's a moral jihad with fresh paint and the patriotism™ sticker slapped onto it.

Still vigilantism..still illegal.

i didn't say I agreed with or supported it. Just calling it as I see it.

Frankly, I'm stunned that no gas stations have been fire bombed yet.

gIVE'EM TIME... PEOPLE ARE JUST STARTING GAS N'GO

~Damn capslock..sorry

When I was last down south, I nearly got into a fight with a cashier because he needed a zipcode to process my credit card for the gas I needed. Seems Georgia gas stations don't get a whole lot of canadian business.

When I was last down south, I nearly got into a fight with a cashier because he needed a zipcode to process my credit card for the gas I needed. Seems Georgia gas stations don't get a whole lot of canadian business.

I was at a gas station at 10 or 11 at night where the cashier leaves at night and the store closes, but they leave the pumps on and you can buy the gas with the card reader at the pump. The guy at another pump ended up having to go to the gas station across the street that doesn't accept credit cards but has someone there 24/7 to take cash because he was on vacation from Canada and the pump's card reader asked him for his zip code, which he couldn't enter because there was only a numeric keypad.

I was at a gas station at 10 or 11 at night where the cashier leaves at night and the store closes, but they leave the pumps on and you can buy the gas with the card reader at the pump. The guy at another pump ended up having to go to the gas station across the street that doesn't accept credit cards but has someone there 24/7 to take cash because he was on vacation from Canada and the pump's card reader asked him for his zip code, which he couldn't enter because there was only a numeric keypad.
I just use 90210. :D

I just use 90210. :D

The gas pump prompts you for your zip code to make sure it's really you using the card, since the gas pump has no way of checking your ID. If you enter in a zip code that doesn't match that of your billing address, it won't approve the transaction and won't turn the pump on for you to get any gas.

Speaking of 90210, the Beverly Hills Unified School District is trying to not allow the poor kids from other cities to be able to come and attend Beverly Hills High School anymore because the financial incentive to do so is gone now. Beverly Hills is what's called a "basic aid district" which means it lives just off of property tax revenue instead of getting state money. So now with property values, and thus, property tax assessments falling on the million-dollar homes within the Beverly Hills district boundaries, the district has less money coming in, making it not very financially beneficial for the district to serve the kids of parents who don't pay anything into the district's tax rolls. The people who want to send their kids there and might not be able to are mad because BHHS has a great educational reputation.

he was free to associate with whoever he wanted to. but when he got convicted of a felony crime he lost certain citizenship rights. voting is one. gun ownership is another. aparently in his case he lost the right to hang out with timothy mcveigh too

Back