Lauded or loathed?

You are advised that if your residence in this country is illegal or you are an immigrant, voting in a federal election is a crime that could result in jail time.

They got that right!!

only it ain't the law, exactly.

""You are advised that if your residence in this country is illegal or you are an immigrant, voting in a federal election is a crime that could result in jail time.""

only it ain't the law, exactly.

""You are advised that if your residence in this country is illegal or you are an immigrant, voting in a federal election is a crime that could result in jail time.""

What's wrong with that?

Immigrants don't vote. Citizens do.

I guess I can understand why they are angry about the letter, unfortunately, the letter holds truth. I think Arnold is off the deep end a little.

I guess I can understand why they are angry about the letter, unfortunately, the letter holds truth. I think Arnold is off the deep end a little.

There are large factions in this country just biting at the bit to give ALL people here a vote. Citizen or not. Legal or not. Hell, there are quite a few dems in Chicago that vote, and vote often, even though they are deceased. For decades. What's wrong with a few thousand illegals?

apparently gonz never took the required freshman or sophomore logic class.

naturalized citizens ARE STILL immigrants. becoming a naturalized citizen does not make someone cease to be an "immigrant." they were still born somewhere else.

apparently the fuckers that sent the threatening note didn't take that course either.

Then you flunked your logic course? This is an obvious
Gonz said:
poorly worded reminder
. Hell, Arny his owned damned badass self is a naturalized citizen. An IMMIGRANT.

Then you flunked your logic course? This is an obvious . Hell, Arny his owned damned badass self is a naturalized citizen. An IMMIGRANT.

Arnold can vote too. But you said "Immigrants don't vote" and were wrong.

Arnold can vote too. But you said "Immigrants don't vote" and were wrong.

All Naturalized citizens are immigrants, but not all immigrants are naturalized citizens. You are arguing minutiae, instead of making a point. What's the matter? Small and/or trifling matters are not what this is about.

Same point is made in the article you linked to.

The letter, written in Spanish, tells recipients:"You are advised that if your residence in this country is illegal or you are an immigrant, voting in a federal election is a crime that could result in jail time."

The truth is that immigrants who become naturalized citizens can legally register to vote.

In a letter Tuesday to state Attorney General Bill Lockyer, Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger called the letters"racist"and"despicable,"and argued the perpetrators should be tried for a hate crime.

Point being the letter could give immigrants who are eligible to vote the wrong idea. That's not minutiae at all.

Point being the letter could give immigrants who are eligible to vote the wrong idea.

Assuming they have any clue as to our governmental trappings (once a prerequisite to become a naturalized citizen), they'd know better. Of course, if they considered their dilemma, they'd realize they are citizens & they no longer need to vote.

yup. later backpedaling didn't do much to hide the original exclusionary assertion.

*ahem* All naturalized citizens are immigrants, but not all immigrants are naturalized citizens. Looks like more minutiae to me. The last bastion of those lacking a cognizant argument. If you can't refute, deflect...

Back