Let the sliding begin

/me just saw Little Nicky. Apparantly pineapple butt plugs are to be administered with the leaves first. :D

BoP said:
The fact of the matter is that societal norms have always shifted and changed.

Change is not inherently good. Ask the dead Romans & Greeks.

This is among that which is not.

I didn't say that change was inherently good. In any case, that's where the line between your argument and mine falls, innit? Cos you view this as a negative shift, whereas I view it as a positive shift.

BeardofPants said:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Navigation#Polynesian_navigation
Some of the best ocean navigators ever. You ever wonder how they voyaged to New Zealand? Pretty fucking amazing if you ask me.

1. Never really gave it much thought. It's not that far from Australia, after all...;)
2. Nowhere does it mention matriarchal societies in that entry. I'm not saying they didn't exist. Just that your source doesn't mention it. ;)

BoP said:

You are seriously warped, BoP. :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul_valaru
That is because you weren't.

You really think that gay people, proud or not of who they are would make such a choice to be gay in our society, where everyday they face hate, and derision?

Well lemme see. Mohawks. Jeans with the crotch down around the knees. Rap music. Facial piercings. Body Mods. Smokers.

Naw. Not a chance in hell.
is this your perception of what gay people are about or is your point completely flying over my head?

Dave said:
is this your perception of what gay people are about or is your point completely flying over my head?
I believe he is pointing out that certain individuals choose a look, that may lead to them being regarded as outcasts or whatever. I don't think it is a very good point though, as I firmly believe that although you do choose your clothes and appearance (within the limit of your wallet content), you don't choose who you fall in love with.

ahh...ok. thanks. must have read that a dozen times and just couldnt figure out what he was trying to say. guess its going to be one opf those days today.
*wanders off to the KK where where i dont have to think*

Back