Luis G's English to Spanish

tonksy

umm... trace? You've had jicama at my house LOL ... I cut some up like french fries - some I had in olive oil and balsamic vinegar and the rest I had raw. It's starchy but a great pick-my-ass-off-the-floor snack LOL

The jicama in balsamic and olive oil? Did you cook that or just marinate for awhile?

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
Me too...I got horrible grades in conduct in the third grade, whereupon my fourth grade teacher explained to my mother that I would be fine in her class...she didn't despise intelligent little boys like my third grade teacher did...my parents were offered the opportunity for me to skip the fifth grade, but my stepfather didn't like the idea of me going from fourth grade to jr. high

But, but, but...you joined the Navy...:D

nalani

The jicama in balsamic and olive oil? Did you cook that or just marinate for awhile?

naw, just slice it up and put it in a ziploc bag. My kids like it with a little bit of lemon juice and a hint of sugar or honey. The only time I cook it is when I put it in a stir fry. Personally, I prefer it raw and plain.

tonksy

I make a tomato and cucumber salad that sounds very similar...well, except for yours has no tomatoes and cucumbers and has jicama :nerd:

kuulani

umm... trace? You've had jicama at my house LOL ... I cut some up like french fries - some I had in olive oil and balsamic vinegar and the rest I had raw. It's starchy but a great pick-my-ass-off-the-floor snack LOL

I'm drawing a blank. Maybe I just thought it was fries? Are you tricking me into eating healthy?

Aunty Em

Mi lapiz es larga, duro, et amarillo...:devious:

... long, hard and yellow... :eek5:

I really didn't want to know that!

*sits in a corner and giggles as she imagines what none spanish speakers must be thinking...

Some of my homework:

Me llamo Celia. Tengo cinquenta años. Soy seperada y ahora no tengo hijos. Mi hija murío en 2004. Tengo dos hermanos menores, se llaman Ivor y Andrew y se casan. Ivor vive en Alemania con sus mujer, se llama Simone. No tienen hojos. Mi otra cuñada se llama Lisa y tienen dos hijos, Jacob y Joseph. Mi madra es viuda.
Soy técnica del ordenador. Construyo, reparo y sostengo el software. Construyo mi ordenador primero en enero de 1999.
Ahora soy estudiante. Estudio para mi certificado de Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Technician.