Meanderings

Spirit

Kissy Goddess
How do people walk without moving their arms? I was auditing a Pet store the other day and the manager had to show me where a couple of things were - she walked in front of me - she didn't move her arms at all when she walked!! So, since I was behind her, I tried it, too. It just don't feel right!

Every single time I open a box of KD (Kraft Dinner), the cheese packet is in upsidedown.

What would happen to this world if those who did some act of cruelty or wrong-doing, had to relive that day until they did things with kindness?

There's a Dollar Store (although many items are more than a dollar) nearby that has a *No refunds, No exchanges, All Sales Are Final* policy. I don't shop there because I think that's a real tight-ass policy. And not everything is a dollar, either.

Why do women have to pay more for an identical haircut as a man? Not that I'd want a man's haircut - but say I wanted a trim, and my bf wants a trim - I have to pay more.

I remember when CD's first came out and I thought, *Holy shit, I can't open the damn thing!!* gimme vinyl....

One Size does NOT fit all.

Professur

Why do women have to pay more for an identical haircut as a man? Not that I'd want a man's haircut - but say I wanted a trim, and my bf wants a trim - I have to pay more.

Once again. Set pricing involves averaging. While ten percent of men might spend more than 15 minutes in the chair, probably less than ten percent of wimmen will spend less. Not to mention that while there are hundreds of possible wimmen's hairstyles to deal with, there's probably less than ten men's styles.

BlurOfSerenity

i think it's stupid that getting long hair cut costs more than getting short hair cut, epsecially if youre just getting a trim or something.

Spirit

Kissy Goddess
Once again. Set pricing involves averaging. While ten percent of men might spend more than 15 minutes in the chair, probably less than ten percent of wimmen will spend less. Not to mention that while there are hundreds of possible wimmen's hairstyles to deal with, there's probably less than ten men's styles.

I don't buy that. It's still ridiculous and CAN be ammended appropriately.

tonksy

I don't go to places where the prices are set in stone. My stylist charges me based on the work done....of course I go solely to her for my cuts and the girl's cuts so she is getting hers.

Professur

There's thousands of people working out of their basements that you only find by word of mouth. Look one up.

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
Then that settles it. We need a governemnt intervention, replete with fully funded five year investigation, to regulate this industry. Can't have folks getting cheated ya know. Then we all get to pay $40 for a hair cut from a government regulated, board certified stylist. But at least we won't get ripped off.

:rolleyes:

Spirit

Kissy Goddess
.....sigh
it was just a meandering folks... wow. Perhaps Y'all feel better now?
Any other topic I can bring up so you can vent and bite?

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
And we meandered in return.

I feel fine, have all day, thanks for asking.

Bring up anything you like. It's a free board. If it needs bitten I'm sure it'll get bitten.

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
As you wish. Not my day to be concerned about it.

You brought it up. Others replied. I reply to their reply. Now I'm an asshole. And it's all karma's fault.

Whatthehellever.

TexasRaceLady

Every single time I open a box of KD (Kraft Dinner), the cheese packet is in upsidedown.

I never knew it had an up or down side. :D

And --

The haircutters I use charge men and women the same price for a cut. :)

Professur

It's my first day back. The shorts have a little more starch than the robe I've been occupying for the last week.

unclehobart

I haven't paid for a haircut in 8 years.

Actaully, I should say that I haven't paid for a haircut for my own hair.