Meanderings

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
Maybe he was the kind of hairdresser dedicated to make brazilian wax haircuts ;)

simplyred

Then we should all have a stylist that's fair, like Tonksy's.

Oh Thank God they don't all do that. I would pay a fortune for a hair cut. Even tho I am mostly getting a trim, I have actually sat in a hairdressers chair before that asked me please not to make them cut my hair.

I had a woman quote me over the phone for a highlight once and when I got there uped the charge because I have so much hair.

I'd wager wimmen can't match a scrotum for thin skin.

No, but walking afterward is a real chore. And believe me, you'll move your arms when you walk!

Professur

My hair is very fine, to the point that the average barber will almost always bugger it up and cut the top too short. I finally found a couple of guys that can recognise my hair for what it is and ensure I don't walk out looking like Alfalfa. Sadly one of them spends six months out of the year back home in Greece, and the other works up near the cottage so getting to him can be a challenge. One time at the greek's shop, he had jsut left the country and I was in dire need of cutting, so the young girl that works with him and his son got saddled with me. The son knew me and wasn't having anything to do with me. But the young lady was fresh out of hair dressing school and full of confidence. Well that confidence lay in tatters on the floor with the hair clipping before long, and Alfalfa walked out of there leaving her in tears ... and no, I never said a word to her. Didn't have to. But to this day, whenever I go there, she goes on break.

tonksy

The thing I love about my hairdresser is if she ever makes a mistake and my hair or the girl's hair reacts funny to a certain cut/length/method she will analyze it to figure out what went wrong and remember it for next time. She knows every cowlick on our heads etc.
We gave Marlowe this short Meg Ryan-y cut that should have looked adorable on her but the length and the amount of layerin made her cowlicks explode...so Cindy refuses to cut it that short in that style again.
When she cuts Malory's hair she always holds tight to the hair because Malory has inevitably moved her head quickly during every cut. There are times when she ends up pulling her hair but that's teaching Mal to sit still and she doesn't end up with a bad cut.

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
Flat top here. The chore is in finding someone who knows how to do one. I gave up on stylists and started seeking out ex-military barbers over the age of fifty. Much more satisfied now. $9 plus tip.

simplyred

The thing I love about my hairdresser is if she ever makes a mistake and my hair or the girl's hair reacts funny to a certain cut/length/method she will analyze it to figure out what went wrong and remember it for next time. She knows every cowlick on our heads etc.
We gave Marlowe this short Meg Ryan-y cut that should have looked adorable on her but the length and the amount of layerin made her cowlicks explode...so Cindy refuses to cut it that short in that style again.
When she cuts Malory's hair she always holds tight to the hair because Malory has inevitably moved her head quickly during every cut. There are times when she ends up pulling her hair but that's teaching Mal to sit still and she doesn't end up with a bad cut.

Sounds like I need to come to Atlanta for more than greens.

Places in my hair are not as curly as other parts. So, if my hair is brushed out wet and cut all the same length, it looks all butchered when it is dry. The same woman has been cutting my hair since I was 8, but was in an accident and hasn't been doing hair recently. :crap: