meeting the man

kuulani

well, unc is coming to town ... he's scheduled to land in about about 9 hours. i probably won't see him 'til tomorrow ... i think nalani wants to shelter him from The Family until he's somewhat recovered from the long ass plane ride :D

it'll be interesting to put a face and a voice to someone i've known online for years :lloyd:

hehe yea i have missed a couple opturnities to meet him and homie. i used to drive thru georgia about 3-4 times a year on my way to florida.
i have got to do it sometime soon.

way cool, are you gonna call him hobart when he is there?

I know what his name is, but it's hard to think of him as anything but Unc.

know what I mean

nevermind

LOL, yeah, I know what you mean, I talked to him on the phone once and was like, Unc, he's like, This is Rob, It's a tad freaky.

EVERYBODY on the continental US has an accent to me :D

edit - actually, everybody lives outside of Hawaii has an accent to me ... must be my island pidgin or something :D

I remmeber when Bish called my office and asked for paul valaru......

my last name is not valaru, luckily I was near the reception

paul_valaru said:

That's hilarious. Thank goodness everyone knows you at the office.

*lol* I would have thought your last name was Valaru, too.

I suppose it'd be neat to meet a few people from here. But maybe I'm still a bit new for that. While it doesn't creep me out on the one hand (all my friends live in the computer!), it creeps me out on the other hand. *lol*

/me shuts up now

i've never met any of my online friends...i'd like to...one day.
if you called my house and asked for tonks you would surely get me...that's my 'name'.

paul_valaru said:

I 'member that one...thought that they'd transfered me to the wrong person. :)

I also recall a few minutes of 'brain-freeze' as I got accustomed to hearing a different voice than the one that I'd invisioned prior to calling. It's like seeing someone IRL that you've only known OL

MrBishop said:
I also recall a few minutes of 'brain-freeze' as I got accustomed to hearing a different voice than the one that I'd invisioned prior to calling. It's like seeing someone IRL that you've only known OL

that's what i was thinking ... his voice isn't gonna be like what i imagine :lol:

i'd like to meet the whole georgia crew sometime.

nihilistic is probably maybe gonna come up here to maryland next summer for otakon (anime convention), he and i have discussed somewhat.

kuulani said:
that's what i was thinking ... his voice isn't gonna be like what i imagine :lol:
his voice is like butter though...it's a lovely voice...I think I told him he sounded like a news reporter :lol:

so...is he there yet? is he there yet? is he there yet? is he there yet? is he there yet? is he there yet?
:jump:

If you were to call here and ask for the flurffmeister, you'd get a strange look. :eek6:

Nobody from the internet ever calls me, is why... :mope:

(Well, you don't count Sam since I'm within a few hours driving distance and we could just as easily know each other in real life :p)

Don't all start calling at once now :p

no, really, don't. My phone bill was $120, i went over on my minutes last month. :mope:

Back