Mexico is full of druggies

How can you get a ticket for that? Didn't they give you the plate? I thought the law was that the plates technically belonged to the DMV, and that you had to have it on your car, and give it back when you sell your car - which would mean that the DMV, not you, is responsible for the condition of the plate, as long as it's being displayed correctly.

Here in Washington the plates follow the car, but I think they make you rplace them like every five years.

When I bought my Olds, the guy had to drive it to my house, take off the plates, then return them to the DMV. I had to go to the DMV, register the car, then they gave me brand new plates to put on it.

The Maxima came with plates from the dealership in october 1996. They haven't been changed, because the car has never been sold. They're not in stellar condition. I like them, though - they're blue and white, and my car is blue. The new ones are yellow and beige, which doesn't really match.

But, my thinking would be that as long as the plates aren't covered in mud or dirt or snow, and mounted correctly (with lights over the rear one), I couldn't be given a ticket if they rusted, since the DMV never issued me new plates.

One time I was driving, and forgot my EZ Pass, and drove through the EZ Pass only lane anyway. They have cameras, but I never got a ticket in the mail. Maybe my old plates (which are just plain old paint) don't show up on the camera as well as the new plates (which are this metallic/reflective stuff like street signs)

Back