Mom's own personal hell

Crates of grapefruits or oranges...garden seed-packs...and the scouts sell bags of Manure.

That stinks about as bad as this pun.

I was leading to the other solution. I suppose the addition of the toothbrush smilie screwed it up

We used to have to sell dried fruit strips (I prefer them to chocolate, but I am strange that way).

And ice cream (people would take orders and we'd have it delivered upon payment).

Theatre tickets.

Rag magazines.

Don't think we ever sold chocolate bars come to think of it.

Les, go lock those choccies away - or better yet, get Paul to take the lot to work.

AlphaTroll said:
We used to have to sell dried fruit strips (I prefer them to chocolate, but I am strange that way).

And ice cream (people would take orders and we'd have it delivered upon payment).

Theatre tickets.

Rag magazines.

Don't think we ever sold chocolate bars come to think of it.

Les, go lock those choccies away - or better yet, get Paul to take the lot to work.

It is frowned upon, and I can understand it, before I had kidlets in my life my old job everyone brought god damn chocolates, and you were like guilted into buying.

Yeah, I hate it too. But maybe just mention in to a few people in passing and see if they want some, then tell them you'll bring some around or whatever.

Thinking more about Leslie's waistline here than anything else ;)

AlphaTroll said:
Yeah, I hate it too. But maybe just mention in to a few people in passing and see if they want some, then tell them you'll bring some around or whatever.

Thinking more about Leslie's waistline here than anything else ;)

lol, I wouldn't it is still teeny tiny

Yeah...hate her...I think I have reached a point where oxygen goes straight to my hips :rolleyes:

*Kicks Leslie.....misses by a mile*

I think it's a sham. If the kids want to make money, they had better be the ones selling them. Not the parents.

Seems in this case it's the school that wants to make money via the kids. Send the school board out on the streets with chocolate!

Altron said:
I think it's a sham. If the kids want to make money, they had better be the ones selling them. Not the parents.

Al, I don't think you understand fundraising. It's generally used to reduce the total cost of something benefitting the kids. If the fundraiser isn't sucessful, the added cost is eventually covered by the parents anyways. That makes the parents much more motivated sellers.

And more importantly, anyone hoping that someone else will buy his kid's fundraiser crap almost has to buy off of everyone else's. That's the great thing about office selling. Going door to door, you might not realize that the asshole who just slammed the door in your face is the father of the kid you buoght 3 chocolate bars off last week. But at the office .... refusal is tantamount to mounting a "I'm a 'Tard" sign on your cubicle.

When I registered Marlowe for school there was 2 ladies from the PTA (one of whom was the previous owner of this house but I digress) running a sign up sheet for prepackaged school supplies. They take the list that the teacher gives out and put the required amount of supplies in a box and, for a padded sum, drop it off in the classroom. This I thought was a nice fundraiser. They get theirs, I get mine and I don't have to fight the crowds at the store.

Back