more troubles for me

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
Geez, i just hate the situations i'm put from time to time.

I'm deeply falling in love with a friend, we know each other for more than 3 years, but until a few weeks ago it was always friendship on my side.

Now, the real problem is that my best friend is also in love with her and she also happens to be his ex, and sometimes they date when he's in the city.

She doesn't know how i feel, and i really don't know how she feels either.

I won't try to "make my move", i couldn't do that to my friend, but still, it will hurt "not doing it".

women = troubles in my life.

I really need some opinions.

Took you 3 years to find you love her? LOL and I thought I was slow in growing feelings. I think you should try and 'make a move'. Recognize the battlefield a little more if you need, but don't miss the opportunity. You won't wanna spend any time in the future imagining 'what could have been'...

AlladinSane said:
Took you 3 years to find you love her?

awww dont give em a hard time about it. luis i cant tell you anything noone said before but i say do what you feel is right. maybe you can ask her out as friends(maybe a movie or somethin) alladin sane said it best

AlladinSane said:
You won't wanna spend any time in the future imagining 'what could have been'...

Noite, it didn't took me 3 years to realize it, those 3 years i just considered a friend, i recognized she was good looking but i had no feelings other than friendship.

freako, i've been asking her out as friends, sometimes we are just the 2 of us, and sometimes there are more friends.

guess who was with me here

Just ask her out, Luis. Life is too short. So you piss off a friend, so what, he'll either get over it, or he won't. I'm sure you've got other friends, and if he really holds it against you that much, he wasn't much of a friend to begin with.

That's tough though... I know some guys who would never go out with a friend's ex. If everyone's really *really* over it, I wouldn't see a problem. But if he's still in love with her, and you don't want to lose his friendship, you might want to talk to him first. There's no guarantee that she feels the same way and then you might lose both of them. :shrug:

I was talking to him when i posted this thread.

He's not mad at me, we really didn't talk about "what would happen if...", i just told him how i'm feeling about her.

I seriously don't want to lose the friendship of either one of them, but it is just very shitty that i had to fell in love with the "wrong woman", worst thing is that this is genuine, because it came out of friendship. :(

i feel for ya Luis, I had/have the same problem...she doesn't date her close friends, any of us, and we've all tried :(

Luis, I once had the same feelings. I knew them in advance though but I wasn't done playing yet.

We've been together since 1986. Friends since '83.

Gonz said:
We've been together since 1986. Friends since '83.

not that i'm affraid of commitment, but that was just what i don't wanted to hear :(

Luis G said:
Noite, it didn't took me 3 years to realize it, those 3 years i just considered a friend, i recognized she was good looking but i had no feelings other than friendship.
Sorry I didn't meant to underestimate your situation. Glad you noticed in time to do something about it. Good luck with her :)

glad you and him talked about it. i wouldnt call her the wrong woman although it is a difficult situation for you mate. whatever you decide were all behind you 100% as always. good luck

I decided to let this die, i might regret it someday, but i'd also regret losing 2 friends (worst scenario).

I will continue as a friend, if things suddenly change, then i'll have another headache, but in the meantime i'll keep things the way they are.

What he said.

It's better to have never loved at all than to have loved and lost.

Luis G said:
I decided to let this die, i might regret it someday, but i'd also regret losing 2 friends (worst scenario).

I will continue as a friend, if things suddenly change, then i'll have another headache, but in the meantime i'll keep things the way they are.

sounds like a plan but i can hope you dont regret it in the end. but fury has it right better to have love and lost than never.

No, I said it the other way around. Having loved and lost, makes me kind of bitter towards that saying. I liked it much better before I ever loved.

I somewhat agree with you. Better to live and decide on your own terms than being a helpless hostage for that stupid feeling...

Back