Muslims against Terrorism & Osama

Point.

Now counterpoint:

I could gather thousands of people who would gladly assemble in support of the notion of a second Southern secession movement. That does not make us a majority (yet...). It barely makes us a recognizable entity.

As to the relative comfort of pigeon holes...dude, I'm a headbanging Appalachian overweight smoking Baptist Republican Southern government employee. I'm used to being pigeonholed every day of my life.

Granted - you could gather thousands of Secessionists and march, and get photo opps etc... It might even make CNN.

Counterpoint - If it doesn't make CNN, or MSNBC or whatever national press you choose...Does it mean that it never happened? Is it less relevant?

The message would certainly be lost.

News media chooses what to show and not show. It doesn't profit them to show pictures of Muslim rallies against terrorism, profit or reputation-wise.

They have 1 hour, minus commercials, fluff pieces, the weather, sports and entertainment...plus sponsors to make happy.

Showing the 'enemy' being human doesn't sell Coca-Cola like images of Marines rolling through the streets of Baghdad, or Enron execs walking around with handcuffs on, or some camper being rolled by a tornado. :shrug:

Don't believe only what you see on TV.

HomeLAN said:
Still and all, it's not like there was a public street protest, like the celebrations post-9/11, now is it? That would've made even CNN. The only time I've seen that was after the wedding bombings in Jordan, and that was because they were killing muslims.

Seems to be much the same thing. Start killing muslims, you actually get visible condemnation. I ask again - where was it when all the casualties were infidels?

Does anyone else notice that several of the protests are in occupied Iraq?

If you're looking down the barrel of an M1 Abrams tank, you'll start to agree with the person driving the tank real quick.

MrBishop said:
Granted - you could gather thousands of Secessionists and march, and get photo opps etc... It might even make CNN.

Counterpoint - If it doesn't make CNN, or MSNBC or whatever national press you choose...Does it mean that it never happened? Is it less relevant?

The message would certainly be lost.

News media chooses what to show and not show. It doesn't profit them to show pictures of Muslim rallies against terrorism, profit or reputation-wise.

They have 1 hour, minus commercials, fluff pieces, the weather, sports and entertainment...plus sponsors to make happy.

Showing the 'enemy' being human doesn't sell Coca-Cola like images of Marines rolling through the streets of Baghdad, or Enron execs walking around with handcuffs on, or some camper being rolled by a tornado. :shrug:

Don't believe only what you see on TV.

Au contraire, mon frere. IF CNN or any other major media outlet picked it up, by the time it was aired the message would be twisted into a white supremacy march.

Don't believe MOST of what you see on TV.

SouthernN'Proud said:
Point.

Now counterpoint:

I could gather thousands of people who would gladly assemble in support of the notion of a second Southern secession movement. That does not make us a majority (yet...). It barely makes us a recognizable entity.

As to the relative comfort of pigeon holes...dude, I'm a headbanging Appalachian overweight smoking Baptist Republican Southern government employee. I'm used to being pigeonholed every day of my life.

As per your counterpoint: the same could be said about the people gathering together to attack in whatever deity they choose to kill in the name of. Doesn't make a majority either

SouthernN'Proud said:
Point.

I could gather thousands of people who would gladly assemble in support of the notion of a second Southern secession movement.

i would support that. vigorously.

Altron said:
Does anyone else notice that several of the protests are in occupied Iraq?

If you're looking down the barrel of an M1 Abrams tank, you'll start to agree with the person driving the tank real quick.
So...you're saying that those hundreds of thousands of people protesting in the streets were only doing it because they were threatened to do so or die?

Wow! Democracy DOES rule in Iraq!
:rolleyes:

Several?? 2 out of 7 doth not 'several' make.

It's not that they would die if they didn't. If a guy comes into your house with a gun, and starts telling you about how he likes ____ football team, you're going to say 'Wow, I like them too! Did you see them beat the Steelers the other day? That was a great interception!'
Either way, if the dude shoots you, he will go to jail, so he probably won't, but anything to boost your chances.
Americans aren't going to start gunning down entire towns, but the Iraqis are gonna do anything they think will help their chance of survival.

Pretty pessimistic way of thinking, eh?

So... they don't actually protest against terrorism? They don't actually care about the issue at all? They're faking it to make the American's happy? :rolleyes:

Hmmm...

So how do you explain all the other protests in other countries? Are they doing it to avoid being nuked? Invaded?

How about giving them a wee benefit of the doubt.

Back