My car has been insulted!

markjs

Banned
I just bought a '75 Plymouth Duster, complete with 225 Slant Six, 904 3-speed auto trans. I bought it largely for the /six, because they are legendarily reliable, low friction engines. Many of them were well known to last 300K miles or more.

Anway I pulled up to a friend's house and he's all like "Nice Chevy Nova dude!" Because he knew the car was new to me, and because he is an IDIOT when it comes to classic American autos....

Can you believe the indignity? A fine peice of Mopar machinery degraded and humiliated by being confused with a lowly Chevy Nova!

I used to like old Chevies but I got tired of blowing blue smoke and burning oil. I am a Mopar man through and through now :)

Cool ride man :D

and I think the best thing is to never ever talk to that guy again. :eek6:

markjs said:
Can you believe the indignity? A fine peice of Mopar machinery degraded and humiliated by being confused with a lowly Chevy Nova!

Be careful.

nova69ss.jpg

My little granny slant six and all it's 145 horses and 1 barrel carb aren't going to take any prizes on race day, but they'll be running long after the V8s have tired out :)

Surprisingly she's very "torquey" as she can roast tires like a V8.

Gimme a Ford (First on Race Day). However, if you wanna play with MOPAR, try this

Can you say SUPER BEE?
b18.jpg

Gonz said:
Gimme a Ford (First on Race Day).
Yeah, who needs rear floors and voltage regulators anyway.

*reminisces fondly about summer evenings hearing the crickets and listening to the Fords rust

*runs away*

On the topic of Chevys, my dad had a '71 SS Chevelle convertible, candy apple red with black racer stripes. It was placer gold at one point, too. This was when I was all of 4 or 5. He put it in shows, won awards, got the cover on a magazine and everything. Then he founded the Maryland Chevelle Club with my mom.

Then they divorced, and he tried to change the engine from a small block to a big block, ran out of money, and sold it to my asshole uncle about 2 years ago. It was supposed to be mine. *sigh*

Rust is a silent killer. Musta been the GM's falling apart off in the distance.

Flu, hunt him down & kill him with a butter knife & take what is so rightfully yours :D

Funny story about me and Fords....Every time I have owned a ford something bad happened. The first was a 71 LTD with a 429 and aside from the gas it drank, the tranny was a mess pissing fluid everywhere. I had a Mercury Capri and that wasn't really a Ford because it had a German V6 in it. It used to shimmy shake and buck every time I hit the brakes. It was the best Ford I ever had. Then I had a '69 Broco and that was a 3 speed on the foor. Sometimes the linkage would jam and I'd have to get under it and free it up right in the middle of an intersection. It had a 302 but got less than 10MPG. I ended up getting in a wreck and selling it. Then I had a '65 pickup and it's clutch blew so I sold it.

Then, the last time I even attempted to own a Ford, I was at a dealership test driving a Mercury Cougar, and the tranny literally blew during the test drive.

I never even considered a Ford again. Another thing I will no longer consider is a stick shift. Bad things happen when I own a stick shift as well. I don't know why because I can drive a stick fine and I drive my ol' lady's and other friend's stick cars with impunity. But if I go to own one of my own watch out. So it'll be Mopars and Toyotas and Hondas for me......All automatics except for the Honda bikes.

Leslie said:
Yeah, who needs rear floors and voltage regulators anyway.

*reminisces fondly about summer evenings hearing the crickets and listening to the Fords rust

*runs away*
:beardbng:

~says the gal who'll only drive a SAAB~

Gonz said:
Gimme a Ford (First on Race Day).

You seem to be mistaken, it's fucked on race day, found on rubbish dumps, fixed or repaired daily and a few other definitions that wouldnt be seeemly for this board.

Holdens wipe the floor with fords.

HoldenManaroHT1969_RW1.jpg

markjs said:
F**kin' Owner Real Dumb

A personal favorite......

:rofl: Like that one too!!

Nice plymouth by the way, Shame we cant get em over here or I'd be owning one and I aint paying for one to be shipped over either.

markjs said:
My car has been insulted!

Dood to call a Duster a car is an insult
to anything and everything with four wheels.

Hell back in the day when I crashed up my 74 Pinto
the insurance company gave me a 74 340 Duster

They gave a Highschool kid a 340 Duster rental car?!?

Talk about roast!!!

Back