My car has been insulted!

abooja said:
:beardbng:

~says the gal who'll only drive a SAAB~

Oh, NO. Not a Saab! :eek: I never figured you for the type of lady who would own a fishing boat with wheels. :p

Audi, or Chrysler...everything else is an also-ran :devious:

FluerVanderloo said:
On the topic of Chevys, my dad had a '71 SS Chevelle convertible, candy apple red with black racer stripes. It was placer gold at one point, too. This was when I was all of 4 or 5. He put it in shows, won awards, got the cover on a magazine and everything. Then he founded the Maryland Chevelle Club with my mom.

Then they divorced, and he tried to change the engine from a small block to a big block, ran out of money, and sold it to my asshole uncle about 2 years ago. It was supposed to be mine. *sigh*
[Horshak] Oooh!! Oooh!! Oooh!! Mistah Kottah!!! [/Horshak]

When I was a teenager I had a showroom-cherry midnight blue '70 Chevelle SS 454. That was the baddest ride I've ever owned! Oh, the memories . . .

Gato_Solo said:
Oh, NO. Not a Saab! :eek: I never figured you for the type of lady who would own a fishing boat with wheels. :p

Audi, or Chrysler...everything else is an also-ran :devious:
Audi, yes. Chrysler, no. Fishing boat with wheels? I suppose you've never driven a SAAB. Hugs the road tighter than an Italian grandmother. :lloyd:

And I have no interest in the post-1994 or so variety. ;)

abooja said:
Audi, yes. Chrysler, no. Fishing boat with wheels? I suppose you've never driven a SAAB. Hugs the road tighter than an Italian grandmother. :lloyd:

And I have no interest in the post-1994 or so variety. ;)

I was really into getting one once...until they got ought out by GM...

I even contemplated getting a Sonnet III. :eek: Even though they drive well, the quirky appearance of most of the older models put me off...not to mention the placement of the ignition switch on the center of the tranny hump. :rolleyes: Whoever thought that up needed to be flayed, and dipped in lemon juice.

A man in a car like that goes way up on my hittable list. Sex value++ more than any new plastibubble car could ever achieve.

till we've hooked up and I make him trade it in for a Volvo station wagon that is

crap

problem is, my dream car....

butt ugly volvo station wagon.

oh and my mom had a nova, it kicked ass.

I`ve recently become the owner of a '93 grand caravan. What a freakin' whale. It doesn't cruise as much as wallow.

A buddy at work was scrapping it, and let me have it for the price of scrap. The Colt is far past any point where I trust it, but I've still got more work to do before I reassemble the pickup.

At the very least, the firewall is flat and everything is accessible.

One thing to look out for is to make sure you use the right transmission fluid. ATF+4, NOT Mercron or Dexron. VERY IMPORTANT and the single biggest reason why so many of the transmissions in those vans failed.

Did they put ATF+4 into it? If they used Dexron, then it'll need to be rebuilt again before too long.

When I was hauling my 68 Torino GT Fastback up north to get painted I had a guy ask me if it was of all things, a Marlin.

Back