my summer guests

tommyj27

Not really Banned
my brother works at a scout camp during the summer so i've inherited his fishtank in his absence. He also told me to name the two smaller goldfish, the big one hiding behind the rocket ship is sara.

fishes.jpg

Aragorn and Arwen. :D

Good luck with the tank. Did he give you instructions on how to care for it with cleaning and stuff? How big is the tank?

:lol:@ris

Good luck with the tank. Did he give you instructions on how to care for it with cleaning and stuff? How big is the tank?
he said i don't need to worry about cleaning the tank. he knows the survival rate of creatures i have to do anything to beyond feeding :( i'm supposed to change the filter monthly, i can handle that, if i remember. it's a 10 gallon tank, pretty spacious for three goldfish.

I actually used to freeze my goldfish if I knew they were going to die. It's the most humane way of killing them before you flush 'em. The hard part is getting the block of ice down the toilet. :retard:

Oh, tommy, how long is he going to be gone? When I had goldfish, I changed 25% of the water every week. They can get really dirty and if he has a lot of gravel on the bottom, all their poop collects in there. Then again, the ones he has are pretty common looking. I'm sure you can replace them if there's an "accident". ;)

i'll ask him about water, he said the filter should keep things nice and clean, although we kicked up a lot of shit when we moved the tank downstairs last night.
as far as replacing them, i don't think he's too worried about the two smaller ones, but sara is one of his original fish, she's about three years old and she has absolutely beautiful fins. she's been through hell and high water too, survived a hyperactive tank heater, a betta, amonst other things

No, no...Goldfish are hearty enough to survive freezing in ice cubes. then you put the ice cubes in a glass of water for someone and the fish start swimming around when the ice melts....

Well....Thats what I heard...:retard:

Goldfish can survive as long as they can breathe-they can't do that if they're goldfishsicles. :laugh:

They can survive *under* a coat of ice but not completely encapsulated. I think Koi ponds can be left in winter as long as there's a current so it doesn't freeze completely over.

I never put my bettas in with my goldfish, I was afraid they would nip at their tails and cause them stress. Sounds like Sara is a tough one. :)

These were the last of my goldfish:

jaz%20flash%20shelby.jpg

When they died, I stopped keeping fish.

Back