nalani, don't be like unc ...

greenfreak

You guys are so funny, I have to completely agree that his voice does not match... And he's very adamant that he *doesn't* have a drawl.

even though he does[/siz] ;)

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
Hey Spirit: Are you going ot be around this for the rest fo the week and next or are you on holidays?

HomeLAN

nalani said:
actually, he doesn't have a southern drawl - but you can tell he's been raised in suburban Georgia ... Steve doesn't have a drawl either.

Thank you. I try to keep it under control. It does come creeping out when I'm drunk, though.

greenfreak

Be proud of your geographical accent! Are NY'ers the only people who embrace their god-awful accent?

I lived in 'Flah-dah' for 9 months and my coworkers would make fun of my accent but instead of trying to change it, I laid it on thicker. Screw all of them, no matter where I go, I hope I keep my accent forever. :smash2: :anifingr:

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
I wish I had Newfie accent! I moved away too young so I never acqired one :(

HomeLAN

It can actually be a drawback in some of the meetings, etc. I have to go into all the time. Even living in Atlanta, a southern accent screams "hick". It shouldn't, but it does.

nalani

:D

The reason why I said that Steve didn't have a drawl is because, well, compared to my father who'd been away from Texas for over 40 years and still had a meeeaaaan drawl and could hardly pronounce our names, Steve sounds like most others I've met from the continent. There are places that have definite accents - Wisconsin was interesting :D - and of course, the southern states... and the people I met on the plane going over to Georgia and who I've talked to in Georgia had much stronger drawls than Steve or Rob.

I like our pidgin dialect. No one can hardly understand us :D

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
I've got a definite southern drawl, hell I catch myself typing it when I'm talking to y'all. And I was born and raised in Iowa, where there is like, no accent whatsoever, just say the word the proper way, Dammit!

I didn't realize I had gotten an accent until about a year ago, when i was on the phone with an old high school friend, and he pointed it out to me. I was stunned.

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
the only thing about my accent is what justin said......."nice accent.......but you sound american". :D