Navel Piercing

Done! Pics:

Before:
**Pictures removed at user's request - Nixy**
After:
**Pictures removed at user's request - Nixy**
Those dark smudges are the ink from where he was directing the needle.

I've got to call them tomorrow about healing because I've been getting mixed advice. Their care information says to just keep it dry and leave it alone as it heals, but other sources have suggested cleaning it twice a day. We shall see!

Just remember that no matter how close your following their instructions ,the first sign of infection are Increased pain, swelling, redness, or warmth around the affected area.So pay close attention and seek help sooner than later.

oh yeah ,niiceee belly :brow:

one things for sure

millions of American wimen would give their husband's left nut

for a tummy like that!

tum.JPG

Leslie said:
how much did it hurt?

*big chicken*

In all honesty, it wasn't as bad as I thought. He took a toothpick with ink on it to mark where the needle would go, then I had to lay down while he pierced it. There was a little pinch when he first placed it, then a pinch and tug when it went through.

The sucker didn't start to hurt until I got up, and even then it was just a stinging feeling at the top ball.

At this point it doesn't hurt just sitting anymore, but it is tender to the touch. I can't laugh too hard or bend anywhere because it tugs and feels really tight. Just laying here now, it's pulling a little bit, but I'll get used to that.

A.B.Normal said:
And millions of husbands would trade their wives . *peepwall*
hide8rp.gif
You better be hiding behind that wall! :eek:

I'm askeered of the hurt, and the whole hole thing. But I'm still thinking of doing it.

A.B.Normal said:
Must be a little awkward typing :confused:

Well, I've got my feet on the coffee table, my stomach nice and flat, and my laptop...on my lap, of all places.

Sleeping is going to be an adventure to say the least.

Based on your experience, would you recommend the cleaning route or just keeping it dry? I bought some tegaderm patches as well, so I'm considering just placing one tomorrow after I buy distilled water to rinse with first, as directed in my literature.

Leslie said:
You better be hiding behind that wall! :eek:

I'm askeered of the hurt, and the whole hole thing. But I'm still thinking of doing it.

Oh, I was scared. The boy had to hold me down to stop me from shaking before I even went back, and I clamped his fingers together super hard from the time I layed down to the time I got up. But it's really not all that bad. I can't tell you it's totally worth it yet, but I can safely say it's not as bad as I anticipated.

If it's anything like a cartilage piercing in terms of how it heals then I'd say clean it. The gunk and shit that came off of mine for the first week or so was NASTY. I can't imagine having left that there. I used a cleaning solution from claire's although the place I got it done also offered an all natural solution (which I suspect is better again).

This page makes a lot of sense to me and uses much of the same logic I saw in many other places when I was researching cleaning options. http://www.ladygodivas.ca/Naval aftercare body_pierce_canada.htm

I must say that I'm shocked they used a barbell. Most places around here insist on piercing everything except your tongue with a captive bead ring so that cleaning is easire and more effective during the healing process (since you can roll the ring through).

oh yeah great advice duh
lessee we gots an open wound (albeit superficial)
that isn't being allowed to heal naturally
(as is thar's a foreign object in the body)
yeah wound hygiene might be recommended in this case? :rolleyes:

paul_valaru said:
:p

:lol2:

I got mixed reports about the Polysporin thing when I was in tat shops for Avery's ear. Most said no, it is an irritant and mild soap and water should do it nicely.

Nixy said:
If it's anything like a cartilage piercing in terms of how it heals then I'd say clean it. The gunk and shit that came off of mine for the first week or so was NASTY. I can't imagine having left that there. I used a cleaning solution from claire's although the place I got it done also offered an all natural solution (which I suspect is better again).

This page makes a lot of sense to me and uses much of the same logic I saw in many other places when I was researching cleaning options. http://www.ladygodivas.ca/Naval aftercare body_pierce_canada.htm

I must say that I'm shocked they used a barbell. Most places around here insist on piercing everything except your tongue with a captive bead ring so that cleaning is easire and more effective during the healing process (since you can roll the ring through).

They told me at the shop that the captive bead ring is actually worse for two reasons. The first is that turning the jewelry is not recommended at all for healing, and the second is that the ring will turn and bring bacteria into the wound as it does. I had a friend who got the ring placed as her initial jewelry, and hers got incredibly infected.

I called the shop and they said unless I notice anything weird, which I shouldn't, to just leave it alone and keep it dry. I'm off to the store to get some sea salt and distilled water for it. Apparently I should do a 5-10 minute sea salt soak, then rinse with distilled water and then apply the dressing I bought last night.

Back