need help...looking to buy something

Mirlyn

Alright, I need to buy a home phone. Not just any phone, but an emergency phone. :D

One kind I had in mind is one of those red phones that was always in the presidents office in movies or the one used in Batman shows.
redphone.jpg

I'm watching one or two on eBay, but need a backup plan if I don't get those.

I'm looking for a touchtone phone and it must be functional. I am open to other ideas with similar themes (ie, emergency phone boxes, etc). ;) Time is an issue...I need it before christmas. :p

Price limit: $40.

Thanks!

unclehobart said:
Ah well.. I had the perfect phone in mind... but its price blows out the budget.
Hey unc.....let me know what it is. Might give me ideas for something else. :)

Its for a server room....a phone thats is always called the "hotline." Any other ideas?

Damn....I saw these things all over the place a few years ago, and now they're few and far between! :D

On a related note, I've spent quite a while going through the results on google and froogle, and I freakin hate all these sites that do nothing but put a large list of dictionary terms on the site just to get someone to click on the link. Some are getting more creative and putting them in sentences (thus tricking out the google preview feature). :mad: :lol:

unclehobart said:
http://www.oldphones.com/500.html

Just found this searching on Google. No idea what he still has or wether its still valid.
Hmmm....I saw that too. I emailed him on the availability of the red 2500 (same thing, only touchtone)...so we'll see how soon I get a reply. I love the hotline phone though! Maybe I'll wire a light on the corner to flash when it rings like the hotline phones do....best of both worlds.

Going for the theme more than anything.

I'd like it to be red...it would fit the role better. I also need it to be touchtone (as it will be used on an actual dedicated line).

I've got an order placed with the guy from oldphones.com. It looks like he can set me up with what I want. :headbang:

I was just talking about that with someone I work with, the need for a phone that doesn't use electricity. As is, we don't have any at our office. We used to have one at the ambulance corps that was red and we called it the Batphone too. It was the only way we got our emergency calls dispatched when the power went out.

You know, you could always get a regular phone like that and spray paint it.

Cell phones & cordless phones abound. When the power goes out nothing beats the old hardwired standby.

That's the reason why I have a corded phone in the bedroom. I have two phones, a corded and a cordless. When the power goes out, I can always use the corded one.

i only have a cordless....had an old corded phone but the kids played with it and now it doesn't work....guess when there is no power i'm in trouble.

tonks said:
i only have a cordless....had an old corded phone but the kids played with it and now it doesn't work....guess when there is no power i'm in trouble.
whaaaat? emergency situations without phone sex, what's a person to do.

I was caught in a tornado on a job site I was working on. Of course the power went out as well as about 6 trees in the neighborhood, I went to three houses before someone had a corded phone so I could call the wife and let her know I was ok. The first two houses even handed me their cordless when I asked if they had a phone.

Back