New Year's Plans?

FluerVanderloo

My boyfriend and I really aren't interested in going out among the drunken heathen on NYE, but we're not really sure what's out there because we don't drink.

So we were thinking about staying in, but we're not sure about anything special we can do to make it different than any other night. Anyone have ideas/experiences they can throw my way?

I always hid on NYE. Between the police roadblocks looking for drunks and the actual drunks on the road... it would be safer in the middle of a gang war.

well, we (close friends and family) all gather at the compound - no need to drive anywhere, lots of food and games, and you sleep where you fall .. also, we bring our christmas trees and bunch them together and decorate it with wishes for the new year written on paper and sparklers and a 10,000 firecracker garland and set it ablaze at the stroke of midnight... I love New Year's Eve.

I typically love New Years! Last year we attended this fab party at one of the hotels. It was one of those dinners, drinks, band, party favors, and breakfasts included. This year will be dullsville! I'll most likely be waking P-nut up at midnight to gimme a kiss.

You could theme the night with movies, or play games around your resolutions!

Let the amateurs have at it.

Stay home & eat/drink/get stoned/have sex/play monoply/eat moonpies/watch Dick CLark try to talk from the left side/whatever strikes your fancy.

I've never gone out on NYE. Back in the day I always hosted a party, BYOB, and plan on crashing at my place. Last few years, my health has prevented me from partaking of adult beverages. I'll likely settle down in front of the stereo and have a Rolling Rock or three, smooch AE at midnight, and keep my personal NYE tradition of listening to Deuce by KISS at midnight alive for like the 25th year consecutive. It makes me happy.

I vote for monopoly as mentioned by Gonz. One year when I was in highschool I spent NYE with my bf, and two friends of ours (who were also a couple) playing monopoly, making fun of music videos and eatting snacks. It was fun :)

We never bother making plans until the last minute. We've done the NYE shindigs to death tho' so it'll prolly be Trek nite - watch a whole bunch of next gen and eat junk food washed down with beer.

We never bother making plans until the last minute. We've done the NYE shindigs to death tho' so it'll prolly be Trek nite - watch a whole bunch of next gen and eat junk food washed down with beer.

Being a kiwi has its drawbacks. Just as you're waking up from the party with a killer hangover, the rest of the world has barely started.

by buddy and i us gonna coat our naked bodies with goose grease and run thru the town naked, screaming about the Invisible Robots! INVISIBLE ROBOTS!
then we dance the charleston.

I've kind of slacked off the last 2 years or so ... done the family thing ... fancy doing something a bit livelier this year - I have a few options ...guess i need to make a call or two and decide - i tend to be last minute myself - been invited to a party in cornwall right on the sea ... that tickles my fancy just now :shrug:

*wonders why she can't find any fellow geeks in real life to "trek out" with :hmm:

Gonz? We gots to contend with doin' everything else ass-backwards, doesn't really matter that the piss-up's over and done with by the time you slow-pokes catch up. ;)

We're planning a nice dinner at home and then we'll probably head out to a bar close by to see the SO's brothers band play.

Back