Obama Flag of Choice

chcr

Too cute for words
Talk about your pipe dreams. :D Anybody who tried running on that platform would get...maybe...one vote.

I disagree, Gato. I think they'd get plenty of votes. Not enough to win, perhaps, but plenty. I don't think any of them believe the electorate is that intelligent though. IMO, most federal politicians of the last two or three decades think we're retards who need to be told what to think and how to think it. It's pretty clear that the press in general agrees with this sentiment, don't you think?

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
I disagree, Gato. I think they'd get plenty of votes. Not enough to win, perhaps, but plenty. I don't think any of them believe the electorate is that intelligent though. IMO, most federal politicians of the last two or three decades think we're retards who need to be told what to think and how to think it. It's pretty clear that the press in general agrees with this sentiment, don't you think?

I think the media started that trend after the Nixon campaign in 1971. If you notice the trends, you'll see that each election has gotten more bitter and less 'intelligent' since then. I'd like to think of it as a 'self-fulfilling prophecy'. It was also that period when government hand-outs started to benefit people who didn't actually have a need...