O'Donnell blasts, again

highwayman

Shut up bitch, your nothing but a skank and a whore looking for ratings....

http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/...view-blast-idol-judges-and-producers-4583.php
O'Donnell and her The View co-hosts have joined the growing chorus of critics upset about the cruel comments and open ridicule that American Idol's judges and producers heaped on many of the show's contestants during this week's season-opening broadcasts of the sixth season's Minneapolis and Seattle open auditions.

"It's terribly sad to me," O'Donnell said during a harsh six-plus minute Idol attack broadcast on Thursday morning's The View. "I don't think America likes to watch people be ridiculed, made fun of, and called ugly monkeys, or that they're too fat or they're a degenerate... it's an absurd concept that this is what's tolerable now as consumption in America for mass media."

MrBishop

She does have a point though... more people watching American idol looking for the lousy singers and embarrassing moments than to hear the decent singing IMO.

Car-wreck television at its best.

highwayman

This is number three for her in the last few weeks....
It looks like she couldn't handle Trump so she is on a hunting trip...

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
She has no point whatsoever. These people went WILLINGLY to the Idol audition. They have presumably seen the show before. They want their 15 seconds of fame, and they get it. They got what they wanted. I don't watch the show, never have and don't plan to start. Don't want to be told that you sing like a moose in heat? Don't go audition. Simple really. It's not someone else's fault; it's the fault of the one who willingly goes.

Inkara1

True dat. It's pretty common knowledge now that Simon Cowell is an asshole. You'd have to be living under a rock to now know that by now. The first season was one thing... but it's the sixth season now, so there's nothing new.

highwayman

I'm with SnP on the show, if I want to listen to crows I will keep the dogs inside.
The performers on that show are voluntary, nobody forced them there...

BB

only skimmed the article, but it seems like 100% pure Cornish hooey to me.

X factor / idol et all are what they are, and since when did the public not like seeing people get ripped apart?

We dubbed some masters down for a games company recently - i stopped and watched a bit - mildly entertaining- wouldn't choose to spend my time watching -

by the third or fourth tape - even the snipperts i saw -, were so formulaic you'd have to be a prize dodo brain, not to know what it is all about.

chcr

Too cute for words
She has no point whatsoever. These people went WILLINGLY to the Idol audition. They have presumably seen the show before. They want their 15 seconds of fame, and they get it. They got what they wanted. I don't watch the show, never have and don't plan to start. Don't want to be told that you sing like a moose in heat? Don't go audition. Simple really. It's not someone else's fault; it's the fault of the one who willingly goes.

Now what, specifically, does a moose in heat sing like? More importantly, how do you know?

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
butterflies.jpg

:D

MrBishop

Now what, specifically, does a moose in heat sing like? More importantly, how do you know?

"I am sooo Drunk!!"
oh...scratch that...that's too much mousse talking. ;)

Having seen a moose close up...I can pretty much guarantee that you don't want to know what one sounds like in heat, or otherwise.:grinno:

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
My 'free because you're a valued customer' Telus calendar looks like that. A different image on every page. It's nice!

No monkeys though. :(