Oh noez! Gonz is punishing me! ZOMG.

Status
Not open for further replies.

spike

I think that it comes down to aimed attacks vs. wide-brush attacks.
You can attack Republicans in general by calling them Republicunts...but calling an individual a Republicunt is a 'personal' attack.

Huh, I attack them in general and used the plural version. That means it wasn't directed at an individual. Just like the "libruls" that preceded my comment was directed at the group.

MrBishop

Frrank - I can't speak directly about the paths that lead to banning, KKing et al..mostly because I've never modded here. On several other places where I have modded or Admin'd, there generally is a place on the board (hidden) where Mods/Admins can bring up situations or behaviour asking for input...or to explain and lay evidence (quotes) as to why someone should be banniated or sent for punitive measures. This isn't always the case. Spammers and high-offenders are often banned outright, unilaterally and with prejudice. Those who have earned the name 'member' through their posts usually deserve some discourse before banning/punishment.

I can't say whether this has happened in Spike's case. Frankly, there aren't a whole lotta Mods/Admins who frequent OTC often enough to form a quorum.

This incident may have been started through the 'Report Post' button, or via PM by the offended party or a concerned 3rd party.

Until we can get the details (not always forthcoming), it would be a bad idea to both discount the reasoning behind the decision AND equally bad to smear the decision-maker(s). Frankly, it ain't helping. :shrug:

MrBishop

Huh, I attack them in general and used the plural version. That means it wasn't directed at an individual. Just like the "libruls" that preceded my comment was directed at the group.
Perhaps...but the straw that breaks the camels back is not always the largest..just the last.

spike

Perhaps...but the straw that breaks the camels back is not always the largest..just the last.

There was no straw/camel situation. His explanation:

"When you're speaking to Cerise & cuntservative is used, it becomes personal."

He forgot I used the plural form.

Professur

Thanks Spike, but that doesn't tell me shit. Would you mind PM'ing me the missing words? I'll advance them along. I doubt I'll find a mod that you haven't pissed off yet, but some of them are still objective enough to ignore that. Some of them might support you just to piss off Gonz.

valkyrie

Thanks Spike, but that doesn't tell me shit. Would you mind PM'ing me the missing words? I'll advance them along. I doubt I'll find a mod that you haven't pissed off yet, but some of them are still objective enough to ignore that. Some of them might support you just to piss off Gonz.
It's in post #96 by Cerise...
" Originally Posted by spike View Post
oh cuntservatives. It is a made up lie. You have no proof or anything to back up your claim and are just making up shit to whine about.

See, you're making up more shit."

It was a response to Cerise's misspelling of liberals (libruls).

valkyrie

No, that still risks qualifying as an attack ... if she specifically identifies herself as a Right-Wing Reactionary. You're leaving yourself open to the kamakaze attack, where she hits herself for the chance to blame you. My kids do it all the time.
Then she would have to actually identify herself as a Right-Wing Reactionary in order for the generalized use of the offending word or words to be considered an attack.

Example... if a member of the board posted...
"Right-Wing Reactionary 'Republicunts' need to get a life and stop trying to get into my business like the fascists they are."

This would NOT be considered a personal attack against an OTC member.

However... if a member of the board posted...
"Cerise, you are a Right-Wing Reactionary 'Republicunt' that needs to get a life and stop trying to get into my business like the fascist you are."

This would be considered a personal attack against a specific OTC member (specifically, Cerise), and could result in punitive action against the member that made the statement.

So looking at Spike's post...
" Originally Posted by spike View Post
oh cuntservatives. It is a made up lie. You have no proof or anything to back up your claim and are just making up shit to whine about.

See, you're making up more shit."

Although this is a reply to Cerise, the term "cuntservatives" (plural) with the "oh" in front of it seems more like a generalized statement rather than directly aimed at Cerise. However, the remainder of the sentences of the post are aimed at Cerise (though they are not offensive). This makes it a bit grey; not so black and white.

(Wish we had Gonz in here to help explain things better.)

Altron

You don't really need to do anything wrong to end up here... something as simple as a joke that somebody took personally has usually been enough in the past.

Winky

and that's the voice of experience speakin' there buddy
no wait I'm in the KK? WTF?
Spike got Kay Kay'ed ZOMGawd that is frackin' Highlarious
I was just onna ramdumb spree of making senseless posts
to anything on the new posts list.

Ha Ha HAH! too funny

OK now let the Liberal victim outta Gitmo!
Set mah Demo-rat Free!!!

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
The initial post has been edited. Spike was warned. He then commenced to personal attacks, via PM.

It's not the word....it's the setting. Valkyrie had a similar warning & she apologized. Spike insulted some more. His disrespect got him korralled. I think I've been more than lenient with him, personally for several years now. When there's a complaint, a warnign and he decides to be rude & disrepectful....

valkyrie

The initial post has been edited. Spike was warned. He then commenced to personal attacks, via PM.

It's not the word....it's the setting. Valkyrie had a similar warning & she apologized. Spike insulted some more. His disrespect got him korralled. I think I've been more than lenient with him, personally for several years now. When there's a complaint, a warnign and he decides to be rude & disrepectful....
OK, so this went on in PM as well.

So what's the normal sentence to KK for this sort of offense?

spike

Nope, I simply made the suggestion that you weren't doing a very good job by pointing out several examples of your double standard.

Also pointed out that since it was the plural form it couldn't be a personal attack.

You didn't have mush to say for yourself.

I've been more than lenient with him, personally for several years now.

No what you've been is far too lenient with the practically daily personal attacks from members who share your leanings.

If you're going to allow "libtard" then obviously "cuntservative" should be allowed.

Status
Not open for further replies.