Only 3 doves

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gato_Solo said:
I think we should draft every able-bodied male and female between the ages of 18 and 24, with no deferments or National Guard back-door policies for the rich or powerful, and secure Iraq's borders. Let our allies patrol the interior. If the borders are secured, then the insurgents have no outside help, and we can take them apart piecemeal...
If they did that, they should have some left over to secure the borders here too. :swing:

catocom said:
If they did that, they should have some left over to secure the borders here too. :swing:

One fight at a time unless absolutely necessary. You get happier troops that way, because they know they won't go from one hot spot to another...

Gato_Solo said:
One fight at a time unless absolutely necessary. You get happier troops that way, because they know they won't go from one hot spot to another...
IMO, it is "absolutely necessary" right now.

Nope the way Iraq is being handled now is the best way
and the most politically expedient.

As for the Draft, are you daft?

One of the false talking points of the Lefties is that
we who are right will reinstitute it!

Get serious, there is no need, there are more than enough folks
willing to volunteer to serve their country there is no need, period.

Unless you need to march into every A-rab capitol and bring them
the sweetness of freedom, democracy and fast food convenience
there’s more than enough people already drawing a paycheck in the armed services
to keep the lid on.

Winky said:
Nope the way Iraq is being handled now is the best way
and the most politically expedient.

Politics are the reason we're having so much trouble...

winkery said:
As for the Draft, are you daft?

One of the false talking points of the Lefties is that
we who are right will reinstitute it!

Get serious, there is no need, there are more than enough folks
willing to volunteer to serve their country there is no need, period.

So far, only the Army has missed their recruiting goal, but the Army is the main force in Iraq. On top of that, some school districts in Lefty-land are banning recruiters, by city law, from high schools. Seems that they don't want their children exposed to anything military. If that idea spreads, a draft will be the only solution.

winky said:
Unless you need to march into every A-rab capitol and bring them
the sweetness of freedom, democracy and fast food convenience
there’s more than enough people already drawing a paycheck in the armed services
to keep the lid on.
:rofl4:

Evidently, you don't know how long I, and those in my career field, have been working 12-hour shifts since 9/11/2001...add rotations to and from the ME to that...once again on 12-hour shifts, and you'll get a better picture. We're being run into the ground, and we need more people.

Gato_Solo said:
Evidently, you don't know how long I, and those in my career field, have been working 12-hour shifts since 9/11/2001...add rotations to and from the ME to that...once again on 12-hour shifts, and you'll get a better picture. We're being run into the ground, and we need more people.
Yeah, we've got the best tech, but there's just no substitute sometimes for man power.

Gato_Solo said:
So far, only the Army has missed their recruiting goal, but the Army is the main force in Iraq. On top of that, some school districts in Lefty-land are banning recruiters, by city law, from high schools. Seems that they don't want their children exposed to anything military. If that idea spreads, a draft will be the only solution.
No, the solution would be to start withdrawing our troops and give up this "Iraqi Freedom" farce.

flavio said:
No, the solution would be to start withdrawing our troops and give up this "Iraqi Freedom" farce.
yeah, let Iran, and Syria have it. That's a Real good plan there. :rolleyes:

chcr said:
Doesn't matter what you think, someone will have a poll that supports your position. People wonder why I think polls are bullshit.
Well, I'd like to see some poll results that say the majority of American's haven't come to realize that Iraq was a mistake and the majority of Iraqis in Baghdad don't want us to leave immediately if that's true.

We all know what makes for a decent poll. Gallup seems to be getting pretty good at it.

To support Bush's actions you just need to be good at turning a blind eye to heaps of evidence to support your position....and justify continous lies.

catocom said:
yeah, let Iran, and Syria have it. That's a Real good plan there. :rolleyes:
Oh was that my plan? :rolleyes:

I didn't realize I had said that. Do you think that's what the majority of Iraqi's plan when they tell us to "leave immediately"? There's ways to start getting or troops out of there without handing it over to Iran and Syria.

flavio said:
Oh was that my plan? :rolleyes:

I didn't realize I had said that. Do you think that's what the majority of Iraqi's plan when they tell us to "leave immediately"? There's ways to start getting or troops out of there without handing it over to Iran and Syria.
So what do You think will happen if we just bugged out right now?

and

Show me 1, just one proof that GW lied about any aspect of this war, or the lead up to it.

I just looked over 75%, and read word for word some of it on that site.
1/2 is about the admin, not him.
What I did see about him, and some of the links provided there, showed no Proof.

catocom said:
I just looked over 75%, and read word for word some of it on that site.
1/2 is about the admin, not him.
What I did see about him, and some of the links provided there, showed no Proof.

Like I said...it reads like the National Enquirer...ie...an opinionated fishwrapper.

Gato_Solo said:
Yeah. Right. Pick a news source, and not an opinionated fish-wrapper.
I think any source that chronicles Bush's vast number of lies would likely be seen as "opinionated". The question is are they lies or not?

flavio said:
I think any source that chronicles Bush's vast number of lies would likely be seen as "opinionated". The question is are they lies or not?
Exactly. :)

Where I come from, you are innocent until proven guilty.
I have my opinions, but I don't usually post them as fact, unless I'm ready to
back it up.
You've just made a "very serious" accusation about The President of the United States.
Are you ready to prosecute, or is it just your opinion?

flavio said:
Well, I'd like to see some poll results that say the majority of American's haven't come to realize that Iraq was a mistake and the majority of Iraqis in Baghdad don't want us to leave immediately if that's true.

The first Tuesday in November 2006 is the only reliable poll.

flavio said:

Semantic bullshit
"[Castro] welcomes sex tourism," Bush told a room of law enforcement officials in Florida, according to the Los Angeles Times. "Here's how he bragged about the industry," Bush said. "This is his quote: 'Cuba has the cleanest and most educated prostitutes in the world.'"

"As it turns out, Bush had lifted that quotation not from an actual Castro speech but rather from a 2001 essay written by then Dartmouth University undergraduate Charles Trumbull. In the essay, Trumbull did appear to quote a Castro speech about prostitution. Sadly, the student made the quotation up.

"According to officials, the actual quotation from Castro's 1992 speech reads as follows: 'There are hookers, but prostitution is not allowed in our country. There are no women forced to sell themselves to a man, to a foreigner, to a tourist. Those who do so do it on their own, voluntarily. We can say that they are highly educated hookers and quite healthy, because we are the country with the lowest number of AIDS cases.'"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back