OTC BBQ update!!!

Late Aug Early Sept??

y'all KNOWS what happens in early Sept RIGHT? Just incase you don't....school starts...:mope:

No Nixy if that is the case...:mope:

My thirty year HS reunion in upstate NY is then sometime. 'Fraid I won't be making either one though.

I might be in, but if I can't get enough advance notice, it'll be too hard to arrange. I gotta bring Italian beef (no, it certainly ain't Arby's roast beef in italian juices or whatever that crap is, it's still ROAST beef) to show you all what the whole world outside of Chicago is missing out on. I could bring deep dish pizza too.

Seems like with the length of that drive, it wouldn't still be good by the time you got there.

Nixy said:
Late Aug Early Sept??

y'all KNOWS what happens in early Sept RIGHT? Just incase you don't....school starts...:mope:

No Nixy if that is the case...:mope:

Nixy, it's also Labor Day weekend around then. You sure you couldn't come for a long weekend???

unclehobart said:
Lou Malnati's9sp?) of Chicago does mail order pizza.

Sounds like Schwartz's Jewish Delicatessen - they FEDex Same-day orders of their smoked beef and pickles all over North America :)

Damn...but it's been a while since I've been to Schwartz's :(

MrBishop said:
Sounds like Schwartz's Jewish Delicatessen - they FEDex Same-day orders of their smoked beef and pickles all over North America :)

Damn...but it's been a while since I've been to Schwartz's :(

You'll have to find the time to stop in one of these days.

Uki Chick said:
Nixy, it's also Labor Day weekend around then. You sure you couldn't come for a long weekend???

Labour Day weekend would be POSSIBLE...anything after that would be a definate no though.

Stop Laughing said:
You've never had Chicago pizza, have you?

Don't forget, it isn't exactly a typical pizza delivery.

True, but still . . .

One of my neighbors owns the pizzeria in the town we live near (Vernon), their large (16", I think) with everything is $12, delivered. And it's pretty damn good handmade, fresh pizza, too. :shrug:

I didn't check the prices on Malnati's ribs, but I wouldn't mind paying a little extra if they are really good. The best rib place around here is Pineapple Willie's on the beach (awesome Jack Daniel's sauce ribs). I can't cook them at home, they always turn out too dry, no matter what I do. :(

Pineapple Willie's Jack Daniel's Bbq Sauce

Yield: 4 Servings Preparation Time:

1/2 Large Onion, minced 3/4 Cup Molasses
4 Cloves Garlic, minced 1/2 Tsp Black Pepper
3/4 Cup Jack Daniel's Whiskey 1/2 Tbl Salt
2 Cup Catsup 1/4 Cup Tomato Paste
1/3 Cup Vinegar 2 Tbl Liquid Smoke
1/4 Cup Worcestershire Sauce 1/3 Tsp Tabasco
1/2 Cup Brown Sugar, packed

Combine onion, garlic, and Jack Daniel's Whiskey in a 3-quart saucepan.
Saute' until onion and garlic are translucent, approximately 10 minutes.
Remove from heat and light mixture; flame for 20 seconds. Add all remaining
ingredients. Bring to a boil, then turn down to a medium simmer. Simmer 20
minutes, stirring constantly. Run sauce through a medium strainer to remove
onion and garlic bits if you prefer a smoother sauce. Cool and enjoy. NOTE:
This sauce gets better with age. If time permits, keep it in the
refrigerator a day or so to develop a deeper, richer taste.

Don't forget, it isn't exactly a typical pizza delivery.

Why? Do they deliver nekkid and give you a quickie before they leave?

Shucks, the most I've ever paid for pizza was R35.00, which is somewhere in the region of $6 :rolleyes:

The ribs are from Carson's, never had them as my mother hates them. My favorite rib joint is Russell's, but they don't deliver ribs across the country (at least I don't think so), but they do sell bottles of their barbecue sauce. Those Eli's cheesecakes are great too, their factory is about 20 minutes away, they usually have good 9 or 10 inch cheesecakes for as low as $6 I've seen.

Back