OTC BBQ update!!!

The best rib place around here is Pineapple Willie's on the beach (awesome Jack Daniel's sauce ribs). I can't cook them at home, they always turn out too dry, no matter what I do.

*Your not using their Xtra Special Ingredient that they forgot to mention.... :brush: :lol2:

Sharky said:
True, but still . . .

One of my neighbors owns the pizzeria in the town we live near (Vernon), their large (16", I think) with everything is $12, delivered. And it's pretty damn good handmade, fresh pizza, too. :shrug:

I didn't check the prices on Malnati's ribs, but I wouldn't mind paying a little extra if they are really good. The best rib place around here is Pineapple Willie's on the beach (awesome Jack Daniel's sauce ribs). I can't cook them at home, they always turn out too dry, no matter what I do. :(

You boiling those ribs first?

AlphaTroll said:
Why? Do they deliver nekkid and give you a quickie before they leave?

No, because they pack it in dry ice and ship it to wherever you are.

Would they ship it to South Africa, SL?

You don't have to bring your own food, but you can make your own once you're there (providing that the stove ain't too busy).

We usually do the regular fare for BBQ's - hot-dogs and homemade burgers.
The burgers have onions, peppers, garlic, breadcrumbs, and about 6-8 herbs (from my garden) in them, so the taste is something else. I often have 2 BBQ's going at once to keep up with the demand.

If it's gonna be a lot more people than usual maybe us montrealers can all ptch in and rent one of those giant "oil drum cut in half, we can feed the goddamn neiborhood" bbqs, about 12 feet of cooking surface

paul_valaru said:
If it's gonna be a lot more people than usual maybe us montrealers can all ptch in and rent one of those giant "oil drum cut in half, we can feed the goddamn neiborhood" bbqs, about 12 feet of cooking surface
Spendy?

12' of cooking space.... 8) WOW!!!

Uki Chick said:
If we are to be politically correct, yes varenyky are ukrainian. the only difference between the two is how they are made. varenyky are boiled and pierogis are fried (if i'm not mistaken)

Pierogis are also boiled. ;)

HomeLAN said:
You boiling those ribs first?

Yup.

I think the problem is, I'm impatient and rush them, and I let the fire get too hot. My next-door neighbor doesn't boil them, he uses a dry rub and slow cooks them all day long next to a small fire, and doesn't put any sauce on them until they are almost done. His ribs always turn out perfect. :shrug:

HomeLAN said:
There's yer issue. Low fire. slow cook. Low and slow, for short.

OK, now it's time to get some practice. Tomorrow will be a beautiful spring day, the azaleas are blooming, leaves are showing on the trees, and flowers are blooming. I will fire up the grill and give it another shot. :cool:

Back