Packing

I don't mind packing it's the moving part I hate. Last time I moved I paid people to do it. Best $600 I ever spent!

I'm planning a move in December again...you're telling me I can get someone to move all my stuff for $600?! Does that include packing?!

Usually. For insurance reasons they like to do it. That way if you do a crappy job of it and it breaks in transit you can't sue them.

Usually. For insurance reasons they like to do it. That way if you do a crappy job of it and it breaks in transit you can't sue them.

Oh man! For $600 I'd SO hire someone to do it!! I won't be moving far, like 5 min down the road if I get into the building I want..but the not having to pack would be worth it.

The secret is being a pretend Bhuddist.

No worldly posessions and all that rot. You can move on mere minutes notice. All that you own could fit in the bed of a pickup.

Ces't la vie.

Perhaps the secret to controlling ones worldly posessions is to have a super tiny place. If you don't have room, then you shouldn't be buying.... but then thats why they invented storage units.

sigh.

I don't think I can do that... I do have a lot of furniture... but several TVs, a few stereos, computers, clothes, kitchen stuff... do a washer and dryer count as "furniture"?

Whereas I have one TV (there is only one of me, why do I need more?) and a laptop (again, only one of me therefore only one computer).

Ces't la vie.

Perhaps the secret to controlling ones worldly posessions is to have a super tiny place. If you don't have room, then you shouldn't be buying.... but then thats why they invented storage units.

sigh.

You don't know my wife. She put enough furniture in my one-bedroom apartment to fill a three-bedroom apartment. My walk-in closet has extra living-room tables and a dismantled dining-room set...complete with chairs. :eek3: When we move, I'm not packing a thing except for clothing, though. Uncle Sam pays the movers.

Mine and Marlowe closet are filled with an antique head and foot board and antique chairs (respectfully) passed down from Rob's Dad so don't let him fool you.

You don't know my wife. She put enough furniture in my one-bedroom apartment to fill a three-bedroom apartment. My walk-in closet has extra living-room tables and a dismantled dining-room set...complete with chairs. :eek3: When we move, I'm not packing a thing except for clothing, though. Uncle Sam pays the movers.

Why do you need extra living room tables and an extra dining room set?! One is enough, pick the one you like the best and get rid of the other one :p

Man, I feel like much less of a pack rat now.

Mine and Marlowe closet are filled with an antique head and foot board and antique chairs (respectfully) passed down from Rob's Dad so don't let him fool you.

What's wrong with putting the stuff is his closet? He taking up precious shoe space atm!!!

Why do you need extra living room tables and an extra dining room set?! One is enough, pick the one you like the best and get rid of the other one :p

Man, I feel like much less of a pack rat now.

You tell my wife that...I've been saying it for years...:p

Back