Packing

i dont know which is worse, packing or unpacking.
we've been in this place since September and ther is still some stuff we havent taken out of boxes yet. its all in the garage.

Unpacking is like Christmas. You get to play with your things and arrange them like new. I despise packing.

I hate both. If this place does end up selling and the buyer wants to move in to the front unit, where I'm at, I'll be HELLA FUCKING PISSED. Yes indeed.

I still got some of my grandma's junk in boxes all over the place when we had to move her out of her apartment... there's about 20 boxes of playing cards and if I go through them maybe I can make enough decks to run a blackjack table... good god, I'm becoming a pack rat, help me!

I vote that unpacking is worse, it tends to pile up like the junk it usually is until it all spills out one day. Good thing I already got rid of those large knives...

tonksy said:
Unpacking is like Christmas. You get to play with your things and arrange them like new. I despise packing.

I have to unpack into a room that is already essentially full...I am NOT looking forward to it.

So, after we got all moved and I took a nap the first thing I tackled was internet and TV...I now have internet and cable in my room (never had TV in my room before...my bro had my 13" in his room for 2 years now...I rearranged all the wiring and I now have it in mine...WHOOO)

So, I move next Friday...I have yet to start packing (although a lot of what I packed when I moved from Hamilton I never unpacked cause I planned a short stay in Brampton)...so, I have mostly nic-nac-y things to pack...bah humbug!

This move was only temporary from the get go...I just needed to move home til I found a job, then said job was within "commuting distance" without causing me to lose my mind TOO fast so I stuck around til I paid of fmy student loans and got some money in the bank. I will be staying at my next place for ATLEAST 1 year, likely 2 and then I'll decide which office I wanna go to (or if I wanna stay in Toronto) and settle down somewhere.

I hate nic-nacs. Dust magnets.

I've managed to purge almost all nic-nacs that don't serve a purpose. I put my cup of pens on my desk under "nic-nacs" as well as my stapler, candle holders, alarm clock...all those little things that just kinda get put into the last boxes all together and then you have to sort through the "random stuff" boxes to find it when you need it. I've taken to transporting MOST items of that sort in laundry baskets, then it's easy to find them when you're unpacking.

I don't mind packing it's the moving part I hate. Last time I moved I paid people to do it. Best $600 I ever spent!

Back