Palin didn't know Africa was a continent

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
My, how quickly you all are to jump at post-election finger pointing from people with a grudge.

Governor Palin is a conservative. McCain's people are liberals. The republican party is shambles. When the right wing runs, they win. When the center/left runs they lose. :hmm:

chcr

Too cute for words
My, how quickly you all are to jump at post-election finger pointing from people with a grudge.

Governor Palin is a conservative. McCain's people are liberals. The republican party is shambles. When the right wing runs, they win. When the center/left runs they lose. :hmm:

Palin's an ambitious idiot (She's also a religious wingnut but you can be a religious wingnut without being an idiot. Helps though). She always was an idiot and she'll continue to be one. She's governor of Alaska and she was the vice-presidential candidate because she has tits and a vagina. Period. If she's the future of the republican party then the republican party is doomed.

None of this had anything to do with the joke.

Frodo

Sounds like the country club repubican bitches on McCain's staff set her up all along. God, I can't stand the arrogant, narcicistic, bastards who think they are better than everone else. More proof that Washington is just Hollywood for the ugly people!!

GrandCaravanSE

Sounds like the country club repubican bitches on McCain's staff set her up all along. God, I can't stand the arrogant, narcicistic, bastards who think they are better than everone else. More proof that Washington is just Hollywood for the ugly people!!

I think property in Washington D.C. is more expensive than Hollywood, that is why alot of Senators rent apartments, or drive long hours.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
If she's the future of the republican party then the republican party is doomed.

I bet you laughed at an actor too.

The Republicans win when they have conservatives running. They lose whern moderates run. Perhaps because moderates are just Democrats lite without the integrity top take a position.

jimpeel

Even CNN is saying that the accusations about Palin, including the Africa country comment, are patently false.

http://hotair.com/archives/2008/11/...-the-palin-leakers-smears-are-patently-false/

Click the video.

Here is the transcript:

(CNN) -- Whatever you may have thought about John McCain's running mate -- about whether she was qualified, prepared or experienced enough for the job -- try to put all of that aside for just a moment, because Sarah Palin is who she is.

She did not become measurably more intelligent or measurably less intelligent during this campaign. Remember, she was only part of the campaign for a matter of nine weeks.

Sarah Palin is who she is, which is why I find it so stunning that the very people who introduced us to her, who told us she would make a great vice president, have now turned on her with a vengeance.

They are the top advisers to John McCain's failed campaign and they are desperate to find someone to blame for their long, long list of mistakes. They have been launching grenades at Palin and her supporters. CNN has found some of their allegations to be patently false. iReport.com: What's next for Sarah Palin?

You will hear people say, "This is what always happens with a losing campaign," and hopefully, this is the last time we will be talking about these people. But what they have done just in the last few days to save their own skins is worth a final comment.

To those top McCain advisers who leaked the little story about seeing Sarah Palin in a towel; to those who called her and her family "Wasilla hillbillies" while using her to stoke class warfare with red meat speeches and an anti-elitist message; to those who claim she didn't know Africa was a continent; to those McCain aides who say she is the reason they lost this election: Can I please remind you of one thing? You picked her.

You are the ones who supposedly vetted her, and then told the American people she was qualified for the job. You are the ones who, after meeting her a couple of times, told us she was ready to be just one heartbeat away from the presidency.

If even half of what you say now is true, then boy, did you try to sell the American people a bill of goods. If Sarah Palin is the reason some voters chose Barack Obama, that is no one's fault but your own.

John McCain, as he so graciously said himself the other night, lost this election. He lost it with your help, your advice, your guidance, and yes, your running mate recommendations. And that is crystal clear to everyone, no matter how hard you try to blame Sarah Palin or anyone else.

jimpeel

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/pub...2012/69_of_gop_voters_say_palin_helped_mccain

69% of GOP Voters Say Palin Helped McCain

Friday, November 07, 2008 Email to a FriendAdvertisement
Sixty-nine percent (69%) of Republican voters say Alaska Governor Sarah Palin helped John McCain’s bid for the presidency, even as news reports surface that some McCain staffers think she was a liability.

Only 20% of GOP voters say Palin hurt the party’s ticket, according to a new Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey. Six percent (6%) say she had no impact, and five percent (5%) are undecided.

Ninety-one percent (91%) of Republicans have a favorable view of Palin, including 65% who say their view is Very Favorable. Only eight percent (8%) have an unfavorable view of her, including three percent (3%) Very Unfavorable.

When asked to choose among some of the GOP’s top names for their choice for the party’s 2012 presidential nominee, 64% say Palin. The next closest contenders are two former governors and unsuccessful challengers for the presidential nomination this year -- Mike Huckabee of Arkansas with 12% support and Mitt Romney of Massachusetts with 11%.

Three other sitting governors – Bobby Jindal of Louisiana, Charlie Crist of Florida and Tim Pawlenty of Minnesota – all pull low single-digit support.

These findings echo a survey earlier this week which found that Republicans were happier with their vice presidential candidate than with their presidential nominee. Seventy-one percent (71%) said McCain made the right choice by picking Palin as his running mate, while only 65% said the party picked the right nominee for president.

The key for the 44-year-old Palin will be whether she can broaden her base of support. An Election Day survey found that 81% of Democrats and, more importantly, 57% of unaffiliated voters had an unfavorable view of her.

Palin, Alaska’s first woman governor, was elected to a four-year term in 2006. She was largely unknown nationally until McCain chose her to be the party’s vice presidential candidate. She quickly became a darling of the GOP’s conservative base and energized the party’s rank-and-file.

Speculation about her future has run high for weeks when it appeared Barack Obama was likely to beat McCain. Already this week there is talk of her possibly taking the seat of embattled Republican Senator Ted Stevens if he manages to hang on and win won reelection despite recent federal felony convictions. Stevens would have to step down if his appeal of the convictions is unsuccessful.

Palin could also run for another term as Governor in the state where she still enjoys very high approval ratings.

Among Republicans, 66% of men and 61% of women say Palin is their choice for the Republican presidential nomination in 2012. Sixty-six percent (66%) of GOP women have a Very Favorable view of her, as do 64% of men.

While Palin’s high favorables suggest she has a bright political future in the Republican Party, it is important to note that favorites four years out from a presidential election quite often do not get the nomination. Obama, for example, was just an Illinois state senator four years ago, and Hillary Clinton appeared a shoo-in for the Democratic presidential nomination in 2008.

Similarly, vice presidential candidates historically have seldom risen to the highest office by election.

Republicans are closely divided over the two most important issues in the next presidential election: 31% say economic issues, 30% say national security. Fifteen percent (15%) list fiscal issues, followed by cultural issues (12%) and domestic issues (6%). Five percent (5%) are undecided. Palin is overwhelmingly the top choice for 2012 among voters in all these categories.

Over two-thirds of Republicans describe themselves as conservative in terms of foreign policy, fiscal and social issues.

Eighty percent (80%) of Republicans have a favorable view of Huckabee, including 46% Very Favorable. Sixteen percent (16%) regard him unfavorably.

Eighty-one percent (81%) view Romney favorably, with 45% Very Favorable. Fifteen percent (15%) have an unfavorable opinion of him.

Jindal, Pawlenty, and Crist are far less known than the other candidates. Roughly 40% of GOP voters have no opinion one way or the other of these three Republican Governors.

Please sign up for the Rasmussen Reports daily e-mail update (it’s free)… let us keep you up to date with the latest public opinion news.

See survey questions and toplines. Crosstabs are available to Premium Members only.

Rasmussen Reports is an electronic publishing firm specializing in the collection, publication, and distribution of public opinion polling information.

The Rasmussen Reports ElectionEdge™ Premium Service for Election 2008 offers the most comprehensive public opinion coverage ever provided for a Presidential election.

Scott Rasmussen, president of Rasmussen Reports, has been an independent pollster for more than a decade.

jimpeel

In the meantime:

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/pub...ssional_performance/congressional_performance

Congressional Performance
55% Say Congress Is Doing A Poor Job, 30% of Democrats Don’t Know Who Harry Reid Is

Thursday, November 06, 2008
Fifty-five percent (55%) of U.S. voters rate the current Democratic-led Congress’ job performance as poor in a new Rasmussen Reports survey taken the night after Election Day. Just 11% think Congress is doing a good or excellent job.

Republicans give Congress poor marks by two-to-one over Democrats – 74% to 37%. Fifty-nine percent (59%) of unaffiliated voters agree.

But just 19% of Democrats say Congress is doing a good or excellent job, as do 11% of unaffiliated voters. Three percent (3%) of GOP voters rate their performance as good only.

Congress has consistently scored lower this year in voter approval than even President Bush who has hit record lows for his presidency. Fifty-nine percent (59%) of voters, given the option in early October of keeping or replacing the entire Congress, said they would like to throw them all out and start over again.

In Tuesday’s elections, Democrats added at least six seats to their majority in the Senate and 19 or more to their majority in the House, so voters clearly took out their unhappiness with Congress more on Republicans. With a Democrat in the White House, it will be interesting to see whether voter perceptions of Congress change.

As of now, however, voters generally view the Democrats’ top congressional leadership unfavorably, too. Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid wasn’t even known to a sizable percentage of his own party members.

In a separate survey on Election Day, 42% of voters had an unfavorable view of Reid, including 27% who said their view of him was Very Unfavorable. Twenty-eight percent (28%) had a favorable view of the Democratic senator from Nevada, but just six percent (6%) said that opinion was Very Favorable.

Over one-quarter of voters (27%) on Election Day said they didn’t know who Reid was. Even 30% of Democrats didn’t know him, compared to 23% of Republicans and 29% of unaffiliated voters.

Then there’s House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, the outspoken San Francisco Democrat. Forty percent (40%) had a favorable view of her, but 53% regarded her unfavorably. Fourteen percent (14%) had a Very Favorable view of Pelosi, compared to 39% who had a Very Unfavorable opinion of her.

Only seven percent (7%) didn’t know who she was, though, but that included 10% of women voters versus three percent (3%) of men.

Again, more Democrats didn’t know who their House leader was than Republicans and unaffiliated voters. While six percent (6%) of both GOP voters and unaffiliateds said they weren’t familiar with Pelosi, eight percent (8%) of Democrats said the same.

Republicans naturally had a far more unfavorable view of Reid and Pelosi than Democrats. Unaffiliated voters by sizable double-digit margins also viewed the two leaders more unfavorably than favorably.

Fifty-nine percent (59%) of voters say the current Congress is at least somewhat likely to address the serious issues facing the nation, with 29% saying it is Very Likely. Eleven percent (11%) say it is not at all likely, including 16% of both Republicans and unaffiliated voters.

Sixty-two percent (62%) also say Congress has not passed anything to improve voters’ lives. Just 13% disagree, while 25% are not sure.

Sixty-three percent (63%) say members of Congress are more interested in helping their own careers than in helping people, but 22% see it the other way around. Eighty-two percent (82%) of Republicans and 68% of unaffiliated voters say congressmen are more focused on their own careers, but only 44% of Democrats concur.

A plurality (43%) do not think most members of Congress are corrupt, although 32% believe that most are. One-quarter (25%) are undecided. While Republicans and unaffiliateds are closely divided on this question, 52% of Democrats believe most members of Congress are not corrupt.

Please sign up for the Rasmussen Reports daily e-mail update (it’s free)… let us keep you up to date with the latest public opinion news.

See survey questions and toplines. Crosstabs and Historical Data available for Premium Members only.

Rasmussen Reports is an electronic publishing firm specializing in the collection, publication, and distribution of public opinion polling information.

The Rasmussen Reports ElectionEdge™ Premium Service for Election 2008 offers the most comprehensive public opinion coverage ever provided for a Presidential election.

Scott Rasmussen, president of Rasmussen Reports, has been an independent pollster for more than a decade.

tonksy

100% of libertarians in this house think congress is doing a poor job and have no clue who Harry Reid is.

jimpeel

100% of libertarians in this house think congress is doing a poor job and have no clue who Harry Reid is.

He's only the Senate Majority Leader like Polosi in the House. It is just one more damning testimonial to the apathetic, uninformed voter.

I'm a Republican and I know who the democrat leaders are. Its called being informed and caring enough about your country to stay informed.

Cerise

Sarah Palin was anonymously accused of not knowing that Africa was a continent and not a country. :rolleyes:

Next thing you know it will be revealed that she thinks there are 57 states!

Cerise

I've heard that the Obamessiah is prone to dress in a pink fairy costume and sometimes will dance naked in the streets wearing only his Bozo the Clown shoes and nose.

That inside information is from a very reliable unnamed source who wishes to remain anonymous.

:shrug:

tonksy

He's only the Senate Majority Leader like Polosi in the House. It is just one more damning testimonial to the apathetic, uninformed voter.

I'm a Republican and I know who the democrat leaders are. Its called being informed and caring enough about your country to stay informed.

Just because I can not remember someone's name make you think I am apathetic and uninformed and that I don't care about my country? It must be a sad life you lead constantly underestimating everyone you come into contact with.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Gov Palin is, reportedly, considering appointing herself to the soon to be evacuated Senate seat held by convicted felon Ted Stevens. Then she'd have expeience :gag:

2minkey

bootlicker
Just because I can not remember someone's name make you think I am apathetic and uninformed and that I don't care about my country? It must be a sad life you lead constantly underestimating everyone you come into contact with.

it's not easy being jim. what with all the clenching.