Parent objects to cookie punishment

It's a case of using a sledgehammer to kill a fly IMO. It works, but it does a lot more damage than needed.

I just find it humorous that the perv is OK and the cookie thief is intolerable.

I don't see anyone agreeing with this punishment that thought the perv was framed.

Anyone who thinks that this punishment is too harsh also thought that the perv was set up. 'Cept you.

and I'd much rather use a sledge hammer on a kid now and have a hope of driving home the point, than jail time later because the slap on the wrist now wasn't enough to make the point.

Professur said:
I don't see anyone agreeing with this punishment that thought the perv was framed.

Nor do I. A little selective memory, perhaps?

and I'd much rather use a sledge hammer on a kid now and have a hope of driving home the point, than jail time later because the slap on the wrist now wasn't enough to make the point.

Precisely. This is the exact right time to drive it home, before he becomes one fo your "clients" later, SnP.

Be sure to use soap on those hands. The paintbrush you've been using has been slopping it everywhere.

Must be. I felt as alone in that one as I do in this one.

So. No one here ever filched a cookie. Saints one and all. Imagine the odds.

Yeah, I did. As a kid. I got my ass blistered for it and learned the lesson. Exactly what I'm suggesting here.

It wasn't at school. My folks had that shit trained out of me before I got to school. Obviously, this kid wasn't as blessed in the parenting department.

When they don't get it from the parents, they WILL get it from other sources. Would you prefer a school, or an employer? Or perhaps a judge?

SouthernN'Proud said:
Must be. I felt as alone in that one as I do in this one.

So. No one here ever filched a cookie. Saints one and all. Imagine the odds.

I learned to ask. At home, that cookie's better be filling, because it was all the supper you were gonna get. At school, stealing was stealing. Kids caught stealing were lucky if the teacher was the only one administering punishment. Until highschool, we had open desks and unlocked lockers. A thief for one could be a thief for all, and were dealt with accordingly.

SouthernN'Proud said:
It's a case of using a sledgehammer to kill a fly IMO. It works, but it does a lot more damage than needed.

I just find it humorous that the perv is OK and the cookie thief is intolerable.

who said her son has been in trouble at school before,
I read that as he may have been on probation as only he and one other kid were reprimanded .Even Liberal California has a 3 strikes your out law ,I see this as no different.

HomeLAN said:
It wasn't at school. My folks had that shit trained out of me before I got to school. Obviously, this kid wasn't as blessed in the parenting department.

I concur and relate. I still see a suspension for a cookie as overkill. Schools should educate, parents should parent by its many definitions, and courts should carry out justice and punishments when needed. Opinions vary.

HomeLAN said:
Just be sure to read the second part of my post - the part you didn't bother to quote.

If they are over 18 they are responsible for their actions... My parents parents made it clear to me if I was arrested or had trouble with the law they were not going to bail me out and would support the idea of putting me in juvie hall or another form of correctional institution...

Oh I read it. I thought my reply took care of it.

I manage to see a difference between a cookie and a Mustang. If that makes me a minority, so be it. I'm accustomed to the feeling.

SnP. I see the punishment as fitting the crime.

It was a petty theft. Ergo, he got a light punishment. If he would have done a theft of $100 or $1000, then he would have been flat out expelled and probably on the way to juvi.

SouthernN'Proud said:
I manage to see a difference between a cookie and a Mustang. If that makes me a minority, so be it. I'm accustomed to the feeling.

yeah it can be really tough to make some basic distinctions understood around here.

OK, so where IS the line drawn? Tell me, oh wise(assed) one.

Obviously a cookie's OK, a mustang isn't (in your book). Where's the line? Don't tell me common sense, because we both know that ain't common at all. Give me a line. A real one. Dollar amount, or similar. It's a basic distinction, right?

Back