Parents say the darnedest things...

Ardsgaine

Weird things I've said to my daughter in the past month:

Stop spanking that monkey!

Did you get shag yet?

She's six.

The spanking the monkey comment was a deliberate joke on my part. She was beating her stuffed monkey with a broom, and I said it just to crack up my sister, which it did.

The one about "did you get shag yet" was accidental. We were doing spelling this morning, and 'shag' was one of her spelling words. (I had a devil of a time coming up with a sentence for it that was G-rated. You can make sentences with 'shaggy' very easily, but 'shag' is a little more tricky, especially since she wouldn't have any idea what shag carpeting is.)

So anyway, I had called out the word and I was waiting for her to write it down which always seems to take about ten minutes, and finally I called out, "did you get 'shag', yet," meaning, did you write it down yet? Then I thought, "gods, what am I saying to my daughter??" Then I thought, "hey, I can post that to OTC!"

weird things I've said...

NO!!! :mad2: you CANNOT have that apple!!! :grumpy: Have this candy instead!!!!!!!!!

there's parenting for you :retard:

strangest things my parents said

you should see night of the living dead its a classic-- my dad

you should feel badly. your dating that nice girl in VA why are you flirting--mom
mom i was drunk and stoned i didnt know what i was doing!!!--me
then you should know your limits of how much you can drink/smoke--mom
(and i was 19 not legal drinking age at the time)

we trust you with the house--mom(never had a party at my house cant see whats to trust)

here ya go(couldnt afford flogging whip @ ren fair mom gave me 5 bucks i will pay her back thurs when i get paid)

eric wanna beer??--dad

i told you soilent green was a good movie--dad.

Leslie said:
:grumpy: SHUT YOUR MOUTH AND TELL ME THE TRUTH!!!
I've done that one.

More like "Shut up and tell me what is going on" They just stare at me.

Also,

Kids: Dad, Dad, Dad, Dad, Dad!

Me: WHAT THE HELL DO YOU WANT?

Kids: Father (Priest) is here.

Oh yeah, I think I've said that too.

If I hear one more god damn cuss word come out of your fucking mouth, I'm going to wash it out with soap.

PuterTutor said:
Oh yeah, I think I've said that too.

If I hear one more god damn cuss word come out of your fucking mouth, I'm going to wash it out with soap.

My dad: You're a nasty talking little shit, aren't ya?

(He said it as a joke, though.)

Back