Peabody's Way Forward Machine (OTC in 2023)

MrBishop

Let's set the Way Back Machine to a negative number, shall we?

OTC in 20 years....hmmm (OTC in 2023)

Would you still be here? What would here look like? What do you think the hot topic would be?

Edit: Modified to clarify question (deBish)

freako104

I was 4 back then. I would have been skinny,blonde,preppy looking,glasses. thankfully im none of that now.

tonksy

20 yrs ago? christ, but i had too much to do back then. work, drugs, boys...20 years from now? we'll see...maybe the hot topic will be my new dentures or my osteoporosis mediciation....

MrBishop

Re: Peabody's Way Forward Machine (OTC)

freako104 said:
I was 4 back then. I would have been skinny,blonde,preppy looking,glasses. thankfully im none of that now.

Umh...20 years from now.

freako104

oops misread. ill be older,uglier(if thats possible), probably still medium legnth hair. and ill still have my tats and maybe by then ill have more

AlphaTroll

Hmm, 20 years from now I'll be sunning myself on some island - being served by some greek god, while having an assistant type my thoughts on the 'hot topic' of the day.

Said hot topic will of course be the effects of mixing tonksy's medication with Oz's alcohol (Lunatic Lounge). And the whereabouts of Squiggy's mind (KK). How SuperGonz have come to see the light (Real World) and which king turned out to be more chaotic in the end.

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
I'll be retired, sleeping on a hammock in the back-yard, a half-empty beer bottle on the table next to me and 3 others in the trash can on the other side. If I post at all, it'll be to tell my adventures of how I actually did live through a war... ;)

Ms Ann Thrope

in 20 years I'll be 60 :eek13:

I'm afraid it's a struggle to wrap more than that around my brain right now....but....where would I like to be? Unfortunately I'm gonna be really boring here and say I hope to be healthy -- given that my present lifestyle is pretty dissipated, the odds aren't good :(

Where will OTC be? my guess is it will be a fragment of memory in the minds of some of us... It's only a message board, after all, and they seem to have life spans.

If I'm still positing somewhere in 20 years the method I'll be using will undoubtedly be different, but I can't imagine what it will be like. Voice activated? Telepathic? that might be fun... :D

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
I'll have kids...I'll be 40...hopefully married...so, if I post it will most likely be about my kids and hubby

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
Not always about them obviously but most of my stories will prolly revolve around them...as they will all live in MY house :D

fury

Administrator
Staff member
hmm... OTC would probably be running the Flurffmeister Bulletin Board on its own dedicated server alongside Xi, Racing-Forums, the JJR512.com archive, and several other websites we manage to start/takeover. Oh, Kings of Chaos.com would be on two dedicated servers as well.

I would be running my own business as a web designer/host, have a massively big house with a T3 connection, and have 20 computers all with different IP's to click all the Kings of Chaos links with. Oh, and they'd double as LAN machines whenever I hosted an OTC meet ;)

MrBishop

Copied fropm the thread that made this one possible - Thanks BCD!

Hmmm....We'll all be entering our middle-ages. Some of us will have retired and gone into senior centers. The Trolls will be bitching and moaning about the kiddies online. This place will be a virtual café, where you can enter in your e-presence, actually sit down, order a latté and sip it while arguing over the latest political problems with Pope/President Schwartzenegger.

samcurry

Screwing with the code...
Staff member
"Where will OTC be? my guess is it will be a fragment of memory in the minds of some of us... It's only a message board, after all, and they seem to have life spans."
Ms Ann, i am so disappointed. "only" how could anyone that spends the amount of time that alot of us do think of this place as only a message board? (im not singling you out, honest) to alot of people they only frequent a couple of boards and spend numerous hours here. they have made real life friends and actually call and/or visit them on a semi regular basis. but on the other hand i see where you are comming from. if i didnt spend but very little time and so on i could feel the same.
Well i plan on retiring at dennis's house since he will definately have more cash than i at that point in time(plus he has a t3 baby) ill prolly have to have someone else type for me because ill be old and decrepetit.:) and finally maybe gato will let me fill in as the cabana boy for the girls.

Ms Ann Thrope

samcurry said:
"Where will OTC be? my guess is it will be a fragment of memory in the minds of some of us... It's only a message board, after all, and they seem to have life spans."
Ms Ann, i am so disappointed. "only" how could anyone that spends the amount of time that alot of us do think of this place as only a message board? (im not singling you out, honest) to alot of people they only frequent a couple of boards and spend numerous hours here. they have made real life friends and actually call and/or visit them on a semi regular basis. but on the other hand i see where you are comming from. if i didnt spend but very little time and so on i could feel the same.

sorry, samcurry, I didn't realize... :crying4:

samcurry

Screwing with the code...
Staff member
sorry ann, i didnt mean to come off as a meanie. fury and i have alot of blood,sweat, and tears into our forums. so im a little overprotective of them.
plus hey its my only contact with the real world.:)

fury

Administrator
Staff member
samcurry said:
sorry ann, i didnt mean to come off as a meanie. fury and i have alot of blood,sweat, and tears into our forums. so im a little overprotective of them.
plus hey its my only contact with the real world.:)
Blood, sweat, and tears, is that all? I suppose I should probably refrain from mentioning the sticky stuff that keeps getting in my keyboard, eh? :eek: