pierced?

should dan get his eyebrow pierced?

• yes! do it!

Votes: 6 33.3%
  • no! eugh!

Votes: 12 66.7%

• Total voters

dan

i'm thinking of having my eyebrow pierced. only thinking at the moment, mind.

anyone got any opinions about it? horror stories? like it? hate it? i don't have any bits of metal stuck through me anywhere else...

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
NO!

definitely eugh!

it's gross and distracting to look at *puke*

My daddy says never get any piercings or tattoos that would be visible if you went to apply for a job in a bank,
I really think that's a good rule to follow in life :)

dan

Leslie said:
NO!

definitely eugh!

heh, tell us how you /really/ feel :)

and the job in the bank thing is so true. i kinda think the rules are different when you're a student-type tho... it would probably come out when it gets to job hunting time.

tatoos, now there's a whole different kettle of fish... it'd have to be something /very/ cool, and small, to get permanently etched into me

Jeslek

Banned
No :) I'm speaking personally of course. I doubt I would get a piercing, but I will get a tatoo in a discreet location sometime in the future. Piercings are just a bit too distractory. Unless you get one in your tongue and like to give head. :p

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
only if, when we're in a barroom brawl you don't cry when I rip it out.

75renegade

Piercings r for 'so called' freaks!

Guess that's why we jus' had to try it. (jus' once)

Las' summer my fiance' got a burr an' decided to get her naval pierced, an' ofcourse, my belief bein', rules were made to be broken (ie: social status quo), I followed suit.

We went together, to the tat shop. She never flenched at the piece of flesh that was removed from her naval, whereas, myself, I held my breath, closed my eyes tightly, an' prayed, like a wimp the surgeory would jus' be done! (totaled 'bout 60 seconds)

Gotta say, it looked really sexy on her!!

Both of us finally decided the daily 'maintainence' was not worth the price of 'fashion', however, not before the conversation 'bout piercings came up one day in Sunday school, an' we showed r jewelry to the lot. (that was a cool class!)

But bro, brow piercings, an' all 'unconcealable', seem most popular among the party crowd. If that' s yer scene, I say pierce on! Pierce boldy, inspite of what I or any other says.

When yer done with it, pluck it out an' move on. The scar will remind ya that ya weren't too afraid to test yer own limits, an' you'll smile with this, "been there, done that" kinda grin.:D

Dave

if you want it, go for it. just make sure you follow the instructions for keeping it from getting infected.
the good thing about the piercings is, if you get tired of it and/or when it goes out of style, you can just take it out. cant do that with tatoos.

Jon

Squiggy said:
Apparently you never read RL's link, 75renegade...It might change your advice.

I just want to clear up that I personally don't really care for piercings, but the death of a friend of mine made me very very wary of piercings/tattoos and the hygiene standards of studios. I reposted the link to reinforce my seriousness towards the topic.

To be honest, I'd still be against it though, Dan, although you're 23 and perfectly capable of making your own mind up, and I have no intention of stopping you. I just want you to know that I'm not too keen on the idea of the risk of losing another one of my friends thanks to the incompetence and/or the "can't-be-arsed" attitude of some people; a point that, I feel, was made glaringly apparent by the case of my friend.

My point? Do some research into the state of the studio, the competency of the "artists", and what hygiene standards they adhere to. For a start, I found a page on the HSE website on how the guidelines on skin piercing activities are enforced: here

[/lecture] ;)

Jon

PS: I don't want to scare anyone :D

freako104

ill stick to tats thank you. i ahd my ear pierced but i had long hair at the time and while i slept it yanked the earing back intio the earlobe. after that i decided to stick to tats i havent had any probs with the two i got

freako104

75renegade said:
Piercings r for 'so called' freaks!

theyre for people who want them :wave: hi im eric i like tats. and im a sadomasochist too :D

sorry 75 renegade i couldnt resist

Shadowfax

<b>mod cow</b>
dan said:
i'm thinking of having my eyebrow pierced. only thinking at the moment, mind.

anyone got any opinions about it? horror stories? like it? hate it? i don't have any bits of metal stuck through me anywhere else...

i honestly think that some people just look horrible with eyebrow piercing, yet it looks great with others...imo.
it would look nice with you i think.

if you would go and get one, make sure you go to a good piercing shop which knows what he/she is doing

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
I like you'd look sexy with a eyebrow piercing. Just make sure to do yoru research about WHERE you are getting it done. :hug:

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
Only thing I have to say is the same as a few others. Eyebrows seem to be the easiest to get infected. Just be real careful with it.