pierced?

should dan get his eyebrow pierced?

• yes! do it!

Votes: 6 33.3%
  • no! eugh!

Votes: 12 66.7%

• Total voters
2 words. Infection Risk.

Although the Daniel Hindle may be an urban ledgend, the risk of infection is very real.

Gato_Solo said:
Although the Daniel Hindle may be an urban ledgend, the risk of infection is very real.

Urban legend? Not sure what you mean here, but yes, he died from septicaemia, so you're indeed correct in saying that the risk of infection is very real.

Gato_Solo said:

Reckless Leper knew him. I think he would know if it was an urban legend.

yeah, no urban legend...

i dunno, we'll see about getting it done - and if it does happen it'll be at one of those places that's still in business 15 years later...

i'm not worried about the job thing atm - the most i'd be applying for in the next couple of years would be a bar job... and even after that i'm hoping to be self-employed. either that or sink into academia forever...

i suspect it's one of those things i'll always regret never having done, even if it only stays in for a couple of weeks...

there are a few people at work with nose piercings and a couple with their tongue, but no brows.

Brows look bloody painful to me. When I had my nose pierced I was told it wouldn't hurt... the bastards lied, it hurt like fuck! :mad:

nah, brows are fine. Mine ripped out tho.... They only last a few months anyway, so it's not a permanent thing - they grow forward. As for job interviews, we're students, so no probs there.

around here most companies don't really care...as long as it's not too big, or too much in sight... a small one is rarely a problem, especially if you're still young.
a 50 yr old with an eyebrow piercing is less socially accepted :shrug:

no offence btw, just stating the facts :)

Squiggy said:
Apparently you never read RL's link, 75renegade...It might change your advice.

Yes Squiggs, yer assumption is correct. I never read it, but I read the above posts, before postin' this, an' I agree with ya, as well as the above mentioned.

Takin' care to choose someone who is at least referred by a trusted friend who's been there, could make the difference between success an' tragic failure, as Jon shared above. (sorry 'bout yer loss Jon)

I didn't mean to convey that we made a 'throw-of-the-dart' kinda selection of 'service provider'.

Actually, we went to the same guy that my fiance' had to do her tats. She was comfortable there because of prior experience.

For what its worth, I felt impressed by the careful attention given, by the piercer, as I watched him sterilize the needle an' the whole way he took other 'logical' precautions. Looked more like the kind of treatment I expect from any other American health care provider.

Caution first, then commence!:)

Shadowfax said:
around here most companies don't really care...as long as it's not too big, or too much in sight... a small one is rarely a problem, especially if you're still young.
a 50 yr old with an eyebrow piercing is less socially accepted :shrug:

no offence btw, just stating the facts :)

Ageist! *hysterical with laughter at the thought of a 50 year old WANTING an eyebrow ring, unless he's also into other masochistic sports that is* :rofl3:

I can't speak about regular employment here in Ontario, but I do know if you need to do a presentation here in front of a group of CEOs, or if you need to do a presentation in front of government officials such as a Senate Committee, you must wear an executive suit and any kind of piercing is a big no-no. And tatoos too.

get it get it get it. :)

i'd tell you to do it youerself, but apparantly you can paralyse your face that way.... even tho the few times i've play-pierced my eyebrow that never happened to me, that's not to say it wont happen to you.

it maybe following a trend but if he wants to he wants to tats are a trent but people still get em.

Back