Playroom

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
When they get older you can turn it into their own TV/computer room and then you won't have them and their friends in your hair and when boys start coming over it'll keep them outta the bedrooms!

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
simplyred said:
I bought big rubbermaid tubs thinking that would help the toy explosions. Instead now when it is clean up time EVERYTHING goes in them. So, nothing is organized between small McDonald toys, barbie shoes, and crayons. One big room is the only way to do it! I think it's great! I LOVE the big color painted squares on the wall. You MUST be exhausted.
When you get them a toy, or someone else does, you go out and get a clear box/bin that it fits in, and make a nice label. Army man box, dinky car box, art box, etc. And go bigger as the collection of the whatever grows out of it's box. And then you have your rubbermaid ones for a catchall for random assorted stuff that is either too big or doesn't go with anything else. It's the ONLY way, believe me. I've tried ALL the ways.

I've slacked on this and gotta get back on it soon.

BeardofPants

Inkara1 said:
Careful... looks like the Kudzu is about ready to come in through the window and steal some toys.
I must be tired... that made me just about pee my pants cracking up with laughter. :rofl4:

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
BeardofPants said:
I must be tired... that made me just about pee my pants cracking up with laughter. :rofl4:

hahaha I can one up that. I said something about "ass play being out of the question" and my roommate said "why do you call it ass play?" and I said "what else should i call it?" and she said "well, it seems weird...I mean do you say 'I want some tittie play' " and pointed to her boobs... she found herself so funny that she laughed for a good 5 min...so hard that she couldn't talk. It was really something :nerd:

tonksy

Inkara1 said:
Careful... looks like the Kudzu is about ready to come in through the window and steal some toys.
That's actually not kudzu. That tree is covered with english ivy the tree to the right of it will be covered with kudzu in a month or so.

unclehobart

I let the kudzu get halfway up the trees, but yank it off before it starts entwining limbs. That stuff is murder to detangle off of the tree its killing.

simplyred

Payton is very whiney this morning wanting to know where the girls are. She is sitting on their bed watching TV. Poor kid is lonley.

HomeLAN

Leslie said:
When you get them a toy, or someone else does, you go out and get a clear box/bin that it fits in, and make a nice label. Army man box, dinky car box, art box, etc. And go bigger as the collection of the whatever grows out of it's box. And then you have your rubbermaid ones for a catchall for random assorted stuff that is either too big or doesn't go with anything else. It's the ONLY way, believe me. I've tried ALL the ways.

Yup, that's the ONLY way to go. At this point, we have all his shit confined to his room plus a section of the basement. Since the kid has more little plastic crap than any child deserves, that would be flat impossible without the bin system.

Slim Pickens

simplyred said:
Payton is very whiney this morning wanting to know where the girls are. She is sitting on their bed watching TV. Poor kid is lonley.

We were back in BR before Peanut spoke to me again...five hours!

simplyred

Leslie said:

So I'm taking that great idea into consideration...then everytime I look at our disaster of a toybox I just feel defeated and go back to the corner to hide from the confusion....blah!

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
she'll like it, cause she'll be able find her stuff in a snap/put it away all by herself in a control-freak kinda way.

Once you get it done it'll take care of itself. It's just the hell of getting it done. She can only have one or two buckets open at a time, they have to be picked up before she opens more, it's way easy for the whole family.

tonksy

Well, we have another pink room! We redid Malory's room.

pink1.jpg

pink2.jpg

pink4.jpg

pink3.jpg

Inkara1

So Marlowe has her own room now? Did you give her that front bedroom that I slept in two years ago?

tonksy

Nah, she has laid claim to the guest room upstairs which is fine. She knows that she has to relinquish it if we have a visitor though.
We redid that room last fall. Painted it green and got a new bedset and I made some new window sashes.