Real or fake

Real or fake? What kind of Christmas tree do you get?

• Real

Votes: 20 100.0%
  • Fake

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • eh?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Sucks, Rob. I knew you two never got along, but I had no idea she did that to you.

Of course, you know you're always invited to the Christmas with your second Mom, right?

Shadowfax said:
it's a touching story

yea makes you want to touch her with a chainsaw. as i said earlier chrsitmas is about family not one person(unless your chrsitian then its a little different). Unc im sorry she did that to you. your father has no idea how much of a bitch she apparently is. i hope christmas at your mothers is better(i hope that doesnt bring up bad memories if it does my condolences and apologies as that was not my intention.) as Homey said you are most welcome as im sure many if not most if not all would welcome you in to a house with a warm meal and people who actully care about each other and such. tkae care unc. try to have a merry christmas nonetheless.

That really sucks, Unc. Some people definitely don't understand the meaning of christmas.

HomeLAN said:
Sucks, Rob. I knew you two never got along, but I had no idea she did that to you.

Of course, you know you're always invited to the Christmas with your second Mom, right?
Its much worse than that overall... and dad is partly to blame. I know... other place/family christmas is cool because I hold no ire against anyone other than my own brood. The most Ive been able to manage for christmas over the last several years is your annual beer and karens godivas.

PuterTutor said:
That really sucks, Unc. Some people definitely don't understand the meaning of christmas.
sure dont. Christmas is when the archangel Harrods descended unto the Earth and commanded that faitful stressed out parents to burn credit cards into the ground and place poorly wrapped Huffy bikes under a living room pine tree draped in emergency runway lights. aaaaAAAAAaaaaaaammeeeen!

unclehobart said:
PuterTutor said:
sure dont. Christmas is when the archangel Harrods descended unto the Earth and commanded that faitful stressed out parents to burn credit cards into the ground and place poorly wrapped Huffy bikes under a living room pine tree draped in emergency runway lights. aaaaAAAAAaaaaaaammeeeen!

Exactly. Except they now make bike bags so you don't have to try to wrap the damn Huffys anymore.

unclehobart said:
The most Ive been able to manage for christmas over the last several years is your annual beer and karens godivas.

For shame, Rob. Putting your hands on another man's godivas... :D

[/siz]

There is a better way!! We did it in my house for years.

Buy a real Christmas tree with the root ball still attached. Yes, it's a little more work to keep it alive and kicking while you have it displayed in your house but after the holidays, you plant it somewhere. Backyard, donate it to a park, highway restoration project, etc...

Rusty and I are going to try to find a small tree (only 4 feet or smaller) with the root ball attached and see if we can donate it to the town for the landscaping projects on the main drag through town. If we can't donate it, I'm going to plant it on my property somewhere. My landlord will never notice. :)

greenfreak said:
There is a better way!! We did it in my house for years.

Buy a real Christmas tree with the root ball still attached. Yes, it's a little more work to keep it alive and kicking while you have it displayed in your house but after the holidays, you plant it somewhere. Backyard, donate it to a park, highway restoration project, etc...

Rusty and I are going to try to find a small tree (only 4 feet or smaller) with the root ball attached and see if we can donate it to the town for the landscaping projects on the main drag through town. If we can't donate it, I'm going to plant it on my property somewhere. My landlord will never notice. :)

Greenfreak, I love you. :kiss: Your insight shows that the environment really is important to younger folks...

Well I get a real tree, they're raised for the sole purpose of bringing simple joy to my life. I can't deny them their purpose, can I?

But I also propagate endangered endemic and indigenous plants and try to save them from extinction, so that must balance out somewhere. :D

It's not like I'm tossing mine in the county dump. I've got a buddy who has severe low depressions in his yard. Every year, he takes my tree, and his, and several other people's, and fills a hole. That yard is actually starting to even out.

kuulani said:
Well I get a real tree, they're raised for the sole purpose of bringing simple joy to my life. I can't deny them their purpose, can I?

But I also propagate endangered endemic and indigenous plants and try to save them from extinction, so that must balance out somewhere. :D

So you murder one innocent to preserve another? Looks like a moral dilemma to me. Your best bet is not to even introduce the foreign species to your islands, and use artificial trees, thus preserving both species. As for the 'simple joy', I'm sure that the birds, squirrels, chipmunks, etc who are now displaced so you can have their home for a few days will be pleased with your choice... :p

Back