Christmas Tree?

• Real tree

Votes: 17 54.8%
  • Fake tree

Votes: 11 35.5%
  • No tree

Votes: 3 9.7%

• Total voters
Growing up we always had a fake tree. When I moved out, I had a couple of fake trees for a while. The last two years though I've gotten a real one and this year will be the same. The clean up can be a pain but the look is just beautiful.

Starya said:
mercy on the soul who interferes while I'm decorating it. That's my job. Mine!

AMEN!

Well, for me it's the lights and icicles. Everyone is welcome to help with the decorations but lights and icicles are HANDS OFF if you're not me. I am currently schooling my mom in the squinty eye light checks method so she can judge while I place (you squint at the tree and everythign blurs and that way you just see the lights and can tell if there are any holes). :D

Professur said:
Because not having one wouldn't be right.

hmmmm are you saying I should decorate my 1' tree and carry it around in my bag and put it out during class everyday? I have class in the same room all the time so it would be possible :D

Nixy said:
hmmmm are you saying I should decorate my 1' tree and carry it around in my bag and put it out during class everyday? I have class in the same room all the time so it would be possible :D
That depends. Have you ever called that classroom "home"? Has it ever kept you warm and safe in the middle of a storm? Have you ever curled up under a blanket on the sofa with a loved one in that classroom? Do you have memories of years of happy christmas' in that classroom?

REAL RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But its hard to keep one here in Florida!
It's been Years since i've had a real one........ :mope:

Professur said:
That depends. Have you ever called that classroom "home"? Has it ever kept you warm and safe in the middle of a storm? Have you ever curled up under a blanket on the sofa with a loved one in that classroom? Do you have memories of years of happy christmas' in that classroom?

Do you have those things with your office?

Nixy said:
Do you have those things with your office?

Nicole, are you deliberately trying to annoy me today? Why are you trying to map over the reasons for having a tiny tree at a nearly abandoned home to having a tree at the office? Do they have anything in common?

The classroom comment was just in response to the fact that you seem to have a tree EVERYWHERE. Nothing specific to the trailer...I have no trees atm though so I'll leave this thread now.

Nixy said:
The classroom comment was just in response to the fact that you seem to have a tree EVERYWHERE.

Yes, I do. At the trailer in memory of all those good years. At the office, to remind me of why I'm busting my ass here. At home, for the children. And at the lake, both in memory of the people resting in peace up there, and in memory of the times we actually dragged and dug our way in through 6' snow drifts to enjoy christmas up there, with a dancing fire, and good friends.

greenfreak said:
Real, all the way. Never had a fake tree growing up and I'm not about to start now. Rusty never had a tree growing up so the first year we lived together, we got a small (real) tabletop tree. He liked doing it so much, we've done so every year since.
GF, you might want to move back a little from that tree in your AV. :D
It might decide to smack you. :lol2:

I don't know and I don't care what type of tree my sisters are going to put :D

yeah, yeah, I'm the youngest don't know what.....(HomeLAN might remember).

Luis G said:
I don't know and I don't care what type of tree my sisters are going to put :D

yeah, yeah, I'm the youngest don't know what.....(HomeLAN might remember).

SCROUGE?

I still remember standing on the curb with this gurl
that I went to school with; we were in seventh grade.

As the firemen sawed a hole in the roof with their kool chainsaw.

Their real tree had dried out and caught fire in the
living room of their two story home.

I read somewhere's that there's like 80 million barrels of crude energy
equivalent er sumthin' in one of them thar X-Mas trees

Or was it like half a case of dynamite???

That same X-mas, by the school bus stop, a buncha kids drug
a slew of old dried up X-Mas trees to the park where the bus came to pick us up.

They lit them on fire and the flames reached so high they burnt the
insulation off the utility wires, shorted them out and caused a power outage in the neighborhood, of course we got on the bus and escaped prosecution...

Hey wait did I say ‘we’ I mean them ‘kids’ yeah that’s the ticket.

Do ya really wanna firebomb in yer livin' room?
If you do get one take all the proper precautions,

Merry Christmas!

house-fire1s.jpg
house%20on%20fire.jpg

Some people cut their tree 3 weeks before Christmas...or they buy from a stand set up in a parking lot and the trees have been cut for weeks! We cut out own about a week before Christmas because that way it doesn't get dried out by the time we take it down in the new year and thus the risk is reduced.

Back