Rhode Island Judge Faces Legal Quandary as Gay Couple Seeks Divorce

If you don't care then don't try to suggest the government get involved in their personal decisions.

If you hold marriage sacred great. Nobody is suggesting the government screw with your marraige. Nobody is pissing on your relationship.

Marriage might meen a lot to somebody that wants a divorce. So much so that when it doesn't work out they are already devastated and don't need some nanny state trying to keep them from rebuilding their life.

Go back and reread what I posted. You didn't get it.

Business are not designed to be lifelong emotional commitments. Love is an emotion. It ebbs & flows. One of the greatest reasons to have difficult divorces is to slow the jump-ship menatality. Don't love your spouse today? Give it time. That feeling will return, assuming you are willing to think past instant gratification ego.

No, it wont always return.

I won't answer a ridiculous rhetorical quetion that is phrased in such a way there is no right answer. I will say read the previous paragrapgh & find your answer there.

Sounds like you'd force her to stay hoping the feeling would return. If it doesn't force her some more?

Make getting married as difficult as getting divorced is easy. Civil marriage is designed to add cohesion to a society so, we all have a stake in its success.

Ah, but I have no business telling you and your wife what to do now do I? Personal decisions made between the couple is all it should be.

Can be. There are eons of stereotype humor that is hilarious, if you keep the knots from your panties.

Uncalled for inuendos not appreciated..... Sam

Spike, keep assuming the worse. You're life wil be so much happier & you'll have so much to live for. In fact, why don't you & your girlfriend have kids & when they piss you off, leave. Then all can be happy.

Go back and reread what I posted. You didn't get it.

Let's see:

You don't care about people trying to get divorced, think people are pissing on your marriage when they're not, generaliztions about why all people get divorced, don't get maaried if it means little to you.

I think I pretty much got it. What'd I miss?

Spike, keep assuming the worse. You're life wil be so much happier & you'll have so much to live for. In fact, why don't you & your girlfriend have kids & when they piss you off, leave. Then all can be happy.

Where am I assuming the worse? and why would I leave my kids?

Commitments aren't commitments if they don't feel good. You've said so, repeatedly.

Commitments aren't commitments if they don't feel good. You've said so, repeatedly.

Now you're just making shit up again. I've always been committed to my girlfriend since we met, even through hard times. We don't even need a judge who doesn't know us telling us what to do.

PC always eats its own tail. Hence its assurance of failure.

Arguing against freedom in both cases assures failure.

I've always been committed to my girlfriend since we met, even through hard times.

Where is your commitment? You say you're commited but are you willin gto make it legal? Take the challenge & go to the next step or are you biding your time, waiting for a better fish?

We don't even need a judge who doesn't know us telling us what to do.

The judge won't tell you what to do until your fish gets all gamey & you want some tastier tuna. DOn't worry about it, you're not committed anyway.

Where is your commitment? You say you're commited but are you willin gto make it legal? Take the challenge & go to the next step or are you biding your time, waiting for a better fish?

The judge won't tell you what to do until your fish gets all gamey & you want some tastier tuna. DOn't worry about it, you're not committed anyway.

Our committment is the only real one. Between us. Way more committed than anybody with a government forced wife.

Spike lets cool the flames here and now before you go and ruin a good conversation for the rest.

Spike, keep assuming the worse.

Funny that accuse me of assuming the worst while you go and assume everybody gets divorced without good reason and we need the government telling us who you can marry and when you get split up.

I'm trusting people can make those decisions for themselves.

Back