Rings...

greenfreak said:
ooooh amethyst is really nice. Some of them are ugly... I have Peridot and Sardonyx. Peridot is green (big surprise) and that's cool with me but Sardonyx is yucky.

I believe it's what they call a cabuchon and as you can see it's very dark purple. The ring I gave her was the same knot design, but bigger, it was the only jewelry I was wearing when I went to see her in the chapel of rest. I didn't know she had this ring until my nieces gave it to me as a keepsake after the funeral:

[attachment]202614[/attachment]

mate, that ring is an engagement ring. if you don't want her to think you are getting hitched get her something properly romantic for her birthday, like some computer parts or a lawnmower.

Gawd, don't give her that. Think for a minute. How could she possibly wear it out? Everyone would be badgering her about the wedding date. I can't think of anything more cruel.

I'd go ruby or emerald. Says I care enough to spend the bucks. Birthstones are too easy. A cop out, if you will. Don't go sapphire. That's a bit to personal. Ruby, definately ruby.

ris said:
mate, that ring is an engagement ring. if you don't want her to think you are getting hitched get her something properly romantic for her birthday...

It's really an engagement ring? Arse. I thought it was a dress ring or something. I see what you're all saying though; it makes me look a bit too eager ;) As for computer parts, she makes me turn mine off when she's up... :(... ;)

Professur said:
Gawd, don't give her that. Think for a minute. How could she possibly wear it out? Everyone would be badgering her about the wedding date. I can't think of anything more cruel.

You been speaking to my mum? That's more or less what she said :D but you're spot on; the ring idea's out the window now, thinking of a necklace or a bracelet.

Professur said:
I'd go ruby or emerald. Says I care enough to spend the bucks. Birthstones are too easy. A cop out, if you will. Don't go sapphire. That's a bit to personal. Ruby, definately ruby.

Asked her whether she liked red or green best - she said red so if I can find anything I think she'll like, it'll be ruby. Nice one Prof, cheers mate! :)

lol yeah i know. it's cos i've got all the fans running, and i can't usually be arsed to unplug any. it's my birthday on the 29th so i'm gonna ask her to buy me a fanbus :evilgrin:

lawnmower mate, nothing says i love you quite like a qualcast mower.

btw, don't use up all the good presents early on, if you get her all the great stuff you can think of for her now you'll wind up having nothing left in a couple of years time. so while she's expecting another bumper birthday of great gifts you are out desperately searching for anything you haven't already bought and end up in tescos getting her a slab of stella.

can you tell its the wife's birthday in 2 weeks and i 1/ haven't got her nuffink yet, 2/ have no phreaking idea what to get, 3/ wish i could afford to get her a lawnmower, 4/ know that i won't get any nooky if i get a lame present and all i've got left are lame presents because i used the good ones up :D

ris said:
can you tell its the wife's birthday in 2 weeks and i 1/ haven't got her nuffink yet, 2/ have no phreaking idea what to get, 3/ wish i could afford to get her a lawnmower, 4/ know that i won't get any nooky if i get a lame present and all i've got left are lame presents because i used the good ones up :D
go to that store you were tellin' me about ;)

Leslie said:
ris said:
go to that store you were tellin' me about ;)

i'll take reminders, risbrain is being a bit slow :)

PuterTutor said:
Happens all the time Shadow. All the time.

Because so many people are retards.

Anyone thinking they're in love after less than a year of being with someone needs to cut back on the hallucinogens.

busted!!!

shit! shit shit shit!!!

she did a fucking search on this board (cos when I open www.otcentral.com, i'm automatically logged in) and found this thread!

anyway, she likes the ring and she definitely wants me to buy it! :)

side note: she's a devious bitch; she said she was checking her mail whilst she was snooping around!

Re: busted!!!

UPDATE: I bought the presents (including the ring).

Her mum shit herself till I told her that it was definitely NOT an engagement ring! :D Emma's never taken the ring off since I gave it to her hehehe ;)

Back