Rush Limbaugh attacks Michael J. Fox

spike

Rush Limbaugh today accused Michael J. Fox, actor and Parkinson's Disease victim, of deliberately going off of his meds to appear on camera with exaggerated symptoms of his disease for dramatic effect. Fox appeared in a recent Clair McHaskill (D-MO) Senate campaign ad, touting the need for stem cell research. Limbaugh even goes so far as to accuse Fox of faking his symptoms all together.

Audio

http://www.crooksandliars.com/2006/10/23/rush-limbaugh-attacks-michael-j-fox-he-was-either-off-the-medication-or-he-was-acting-he-is-an-actor-after-all/

deliberately going off of his meds to appear on camera with exaggerated symptoms of his disease for dramatic effect.

I would call that salesmanship.. or at least method acting. I see nothing wrong with it.

deliberately going off of his meds to appear on camera with exaggerated symptoms of his disease for dramatic effect.

I would call that salesmanship.. or at least method acting. I see nothing wrong with it.

'cept that its the Meds that cause the shaking.

Speaking of meds...isn't it time for Rush to start using his?:retard3:

I don't care much for Limbaugh myself so I ask, what has this have to do with the price of gas at the pumps?

CBS/AP) Responding to criticism by conservative pundit Rush Limbaugh, actor Michael J. Fox defended his appearance in a political campaign ad, saying he wasn't acting or off his medication.

In fact, at the time he was over-medicated for his Parkinson's disease, Fox said Thursday in an exclusive interview with CBS Evening News anchor Katie Couric.

"The irony is that I was too medicated. I was dyskinesic," Fox told Couric. "Because the thing about … being symptomatic is that it's not comfortable. No one wants to be symptomatic; it's like being hit with a hammer."

His body visibly wracked by tremors, Fox appears in a political ad touting Missouri Democratic Senate candidate Claire McCaskill's stance in favor of embryonic stem cell research. That prompted Limbaugh to speculate that Fox was "either off his medication or acting."

Fox told Couric, "At this point now, if I didn't take medication I wouldn't be able to speak."

He said he appeared in the ad only to advance his cause, and that "disease is a non-partisan problem that requires a bipartisan solution."

"I don't really care about politics," Fox added. "We want to appeal to voters to elect the people that are going to give us a margin, so we can't be vetoed again."

More here
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2006/10/26/eveningnews/main2128188.shtml

Why doesn't he go ask the Canadian government to do something & stay out of US politics?

He admitted, apparently, to stopping his medication before appearing before the US Senate...to let them see what happens.

CBS news? Aren't they the same people who allowed Rather to lie about GW? Even after they were proven wrong. Repeatedly?

Election time...can't you just smell the bullshit wafting through the air?

He's a US citizen.

So you're defending Rush's comments? Really?

Since when?

Rush said nothing wrong. Insensitive perhaps, but since Mr Fox has done the exact thing Mr Limbaugh accuses him of, tough shit.

I had made a deliberate choice to appear before the subcommittee without medication. It seemed to me that this occasion demanded that my testimony about the effects of the disease, and the urgency we as a community were feeling, be seen as well as heard. For people who had never observed me in this kind of shape, the transformation must have been startling.

Excerpt from Lucky Man, MJ Fox Foundation.

"Limbaugh even goes so far as to accuse Fox of faking his symptoms all together"

In your example he wasn't faking.

*sigh*
Rush Limbaugh today accused Michael J. Fox of deliberately going off of his meds to appear on camera with exaggerated symptoms of his disease for dramatic.

Warner lends name to anti-stem cell ad

By BOB BAUM, AP Sports Writer Fri Oct 27, 7:56 AM ET

TEMPE, Ariz. - Arizona Cardinals quarterback Kurt Warner says his deep Christian faith led to his decision to appear in a television ad opposing a proposed constitutional amendment in Missouri.

Amendment 2 would change the Missouri constitution to guarantee the use of any federally allowed stem cell research and treatments, including work on human embryos. The possible use of embryonic stem cells and concerns about potential human cloning led to Warner's decision, he said.

Warner, who led the St. Louis Rams to two Super Bowls and remains a highly popular figure there, joined St. Louis Cardinals pitcher Jeff Suppan, among others, in the television spot against the amendment.

He equates the use of an embryonic stem cell for research to taking a human life.

"I am all for finding a cure for any and every disease known to man," Warner said in an interview with The Associated Press after the Cardinals practiced Thursday, "but there are certain issues that outweigh just finding a cure and doing research, and life is one of those.

"I think life is too sacred to ever take it in any circumstances, even for the cure of a disease or something like that."

The amendment is at the center of the critical race for the U.S. Senate in Missouri. Democrat Claire McCaskill supports the amendment and Republican incumbent Jim Talent opposes it.

Actor Michael J. Fox, who has Parkinson's disease, has appeared in an advertisement in support McCaskill, citing the need for stem cell research as he plainly exhibits the effects of the disease.

Warner said he has not seen the Fox ad, and said he supports adult stem cell research. But he said that even in cases where embryos are not going to be allowed to develop, they should not be used for research.

"To pass an amendment that allows for the opportunity to abort and to kill a life to me makes no sense," he said. "It contradicts everything I believe, everything that I stand for and I think everything that Missouri stands for."

Warner said he believed the ads promoting the amendment are deceptive because they fail to distinguish between adult stem cell research and that involving human embryos.

"This amendment also takes into considering embryonic stem cell research, which then becomes a pro-life issue," he said. "It becomes aborting after conception, aborting fetuses, using for research purposes. It also has do to with the fertilization of eggs for the sole purpose of killing them and doing research."

Warner said he was contacted by anti-amendment people to do the ad.

"I still feel a heavy responsibility for the people of Missouri because of the respect they have for me but also the things they've done for me," he said, "and I don't want them to make an uninformed decision on something that can change their constitution in the long term and can have lasting effects not only in the state but I think also nationally."

Source

no matter what, rush comes off as a jerk once again.

hows donovan mcnabb doing these days?

Once again, he's attacked for saying something that makes people uncomfortable. It was a reasonable response to question a political ad using an actor who has already used his disease for political gain.

Not as good as when Rush was talking about him.

He's a US citizen.

So you're defending Rush's comments? Really?

Hey McFly, I believe he was Canadian-born.

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/eibessential3/mjf0.guest.html

MahaRushie said:
Now I gather, from the past three days, that we are to believe that this is the normal condition that poor Mr. Fox has to live with each and every day. That's the impression that they're leaving, is it not? That this is how his life is now, but he himself said he took too much medication. He didn't do that when he went on Boston Legal, but it happened for the taping of this ad. I think the reason for that is so you would really, really hate Republicans, because Republicans don't want to cure it. Jim Talent doesn't care. Michael Steele doesn't care. No one in the Republican Party cares. They don't want to cure these things. They're happy, in fact, to see people suffer like Mr. Fox is in this ad.

Back