Sarah Palin Book Tour Launches

Winky

The proles constitute 85% of the population. They receive little education,
work at jobs in which tough physical labour is the norm, live in poverty
(but qualitatively richer than the Outer Party members with regard to
certain freedoms inherent to their relative anonymity),
and usually die by the age of sixty.

spike

Her fans calling her a quitter and references her quitting her first term as governor was kinda new.

jimpeel

SOURCE

Updated November 19, 2009
Fox News Poll: Palin Going (Not So) Rogue

by Ernie Paicopolos, FOXNews.com

Despite being characterized by many as a divisive force in her party and the nation, former vice-presidential contender Sarah Palin gets a much higher positive rating than Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi -- and most think Palin has been treated unfairly by the press.

As Sarah Palin blankets the media on a whirlwind book promotion tour, the former vice-presidential contender is clearly back on America's radar screen. Despite being characterized by many as a divisive force in her party and the nation, Americans are much more likely to give Palin a positive rating (47 percent favorable) than another prominent female leader -- Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi (28 percent favorable). Moreover, about six in 10 Americans (61 percent) think Palin has been treated unfairly by the press, according to the latest Fox News poll.

The national telephone poll was conducted for Fox News by Opinion Dynamics Corp. among 900 registered voters from Nov. 17 to Nov. 18, 2009. For the total sample, the poll has a margin of error of plus or minus 3 percentage points.

Click here to see the poll.

Palin has been mentioned as a possible presidential candidate in 2012, along with a host of other Republicans. Among self-identified Republicans in the survey, Palin gets the highest favorable ratings (70 percent) amid a group of other possible contenders for the GOP nomination, including Mike Huckabee (63 percent), Mitt Romney (60 percent) and Newt Gingrich (58 percent). Palin's favorable score among all voters is 47 percent, up nine percentage points over last July's reading of 38 percent.

Another woman who has often been called divisive over the years is Secretary of State Hillary Clinton. When asked if they'd rather spend the upcoming Thanksgiving holiday with Palin or Clinton, the choice does provoke considerable division -- with each attracting about 40 percent to a hypothetical turkey fest (Clinton 42 percent; Palin 39 percent). About one in seven Americans (14 percent) volunteers the view that neither would be welcome in their home next Thursday.

President Obama recently stated that he "probably won't" read Sarah Palin's new book. But his possible opponent in the 2012 elections trails him in personal favorability by only seven points (54 percent to 47 percent). Among the critical segment of independent voters, they are virtually even (Obama at 50 percent; Palin at 49 percent).

The largest number of Americans seem to feel that those who do buy the Palin book will do so because they really want to read it (35 percent). Just under one-third (29 percent) think book purchasers will do so because it's a trendy thing to do, and one-fifth (20 percent) feel people will buy the book to show support for Palin.

When we asked a similar question in 2003 about Hillary Clinton's book, a higher percentage thought buyers wanted to read that book (45 percent), but far fewer saw the purchase as a show of support for the former first lady (7 percent).

It may have been a savvy move by Palin to agree to an interview with Oprah Winfrey. The powerful talk show host garners the second highest level of favorability among all those tested in the survey (61 percent), behind First Lady Michelle Obama (63 percent).

Click here for the raw data.

Ernie Paicopolos is a principal at Opinion Dynamics Corporation.

jimpeel

SOURCE

November 18, 2009
Sarah Palin gives Oprah biggest audience in two years

Oprah palin Oprah Winfrey’s interview with former vp candidate Sarah Palin scored the talk show host her highest rating in two years.

Monday's episode of "The Oprah Winfrey Show" drew a 8.7 household rating and 13 share -- the best since Winfrey had the entire Osmond family on the show in 2007.

That means Palin also topped Winfrey's heavily viewed interviews with Whitney Houston at the start of the season.

Palin is making the rounds to promote her new book, "Going Rogue," which came out Tuesday.

Winfrey began the interview by asking Palin if she felt snubbed at not getting an invitation to appear on the show last year. Winfrey said she didn't have any candidates on her Chicago-based show during the campaign because of her support for President Barack Obama.

Palin said she didn't feel snubbed and told Winfrey, "No offense to you, but it wasn't the center of my universe."

Palin said in another interview broadcast Tuesday that a 2012 presidential bid is "not on my radar," but wouldn't rule out playing some role in the next presidential election.

"My ambition, if you will, my desire is to help our country in whatever role that may be, and I cannot predict what that will be, what doors will be open in the year 2012," she told Barbara Walters.

When asked whether she'd play a major role, the former Republican vice presidential candidate replied that "if people will have me, I will."

-- The Associated Press contributed to this report

Cerise

No, not about what you are thinking.

Because of all the libs whining because she had her on her show.....

spike

Yeah, people watch Live Palin especially on something like Oprah waiting for the next train wreck. I have no idea when Oprah is on but I almost looked it up to see that one.

I imagine it was pretty funny. Is the video up somewhere?

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
I wonder if the left realizes they speak more of Gov Palin than the right does?

The conservatives might consider Gov Palin a Presidential hopeful. The left runs in fear of her & can't stop speaking her name.

Winky

Winfrey is over and done, stick a fork in her.

So she had Sarah on her show
got her highest ratings
then announced she will be quitting
Hopefully this is the beginning of trend here.

catocom

Re: Winfrey is over and done, stick a fork in her.

So she had Sarah on her show
got her highest ratings
then announced she will be quitting
Hopefully this is the beginning of trend here.

um, I don't think Palin caused the take dow....um i mean oprah quitting.

Palin only helped her, as you said.

spike

um, I don't think Palin caused the take dow....um i mean oprah quitting.

Palin only helped her, as you said.

What? Palin was on her show and Oprah is leaving the show 2 years from now when her contract is up. Somehow you see this connected?

Cerise

President seeks $500,000 for ads to rebut Palin

Another e-mail from infoatbarackobama.com hit my inbox
yesterday. The subject: Sarah Palin.

It begins: "Right now, Sarah Palin is on a highly publicized, nationwide book tour, attacking President Obama and his plan for health reform at every turn."

"So we're setting a big goal: $500,000 in the next week to help push back against Sarah Palin and her allies.....We need to be prepared. And we're counting on you help. Can you chip in $5?"

So it has come to this: a sitting president soliciting donations for counter-attack ads on a former VP nominee hockey mom that most of the mainstream media rediculed in the last election. If her claims are so outrageous, why bother spending the money to respond? Maybe because a lot of people are listening to her, and many of them might just agree with what she is saying.

A sitting president wants to counter statements by a private citizen? And he's asking for money to do it? He can't make a decision on Afghanistan but can expend the effort responding to a book tour? W-O-W.

scared-of-sarah.jpg

spike

no man
read it again

Yeah, looks like you said Palin helped her quit and mentioned something about a take down.

Maybe you were just saying Palin helped her make more money or something.

catocom

geez...
winky said palin helped her rating, I agreed.
Before that in the same post I said she didn't have anthing to do with the leaving.

I just don't see how you can Not see that.:rolleyes:

I guess you're so biased against Anything I have to say, that you can't even see Simple truth.:shrug: