Scientology

Spirit

Kissy Goddess
I want to know your thoughts on Scientology. I've been reading and reading and what I gather is it's just some freak who wanted to make up a religion for the money.

Xenu? Are you kidding me? Is this true?

What do you know about it?

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
I've read a bit about it, albeit years and years ago while doing an indepth study of Manson.

If it answers any questions I'm not aware of them. Sounds like a load of hooey to me. But what do I know?

A.B.Normal

cruise_oprah_couch.jpg

Spirit

Kissy Goddess
I know.. but I want to know more of why people think it's whacked. I haven't been able to find anything very positive from the internet - apparently Scientologists don't publish their tenets.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Living a few blocks from the command post, or whatever they call it, did little to enlighten me. I know nothing about it, save, the only folks I know that are members, are fricking RICH!!!!! and usually famous.

spike

I read Dianetics years ago and it was pretty interesting and I didn't feel like joining a cult afterwards.

I think a lot of people that really don't know anything about it get way too judgemental about it.

His book Battlefield Earth was fantastic. The movie not so much.

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
I want to know your thoughts on Scientology. I've been reading and reading and what I gather is it's just some freak who wanted to make up a religion for the money.

Not a freak...unless you think L Ron Hubbard is a freak.

Spirit said:
Xenu? Are you kidding me? Is this true?

:shrug: All I know is that L Ron wrote quite a bit of sci fi back in the day...

Spirit said:
What do you know about it?

That's it, actually...

MrBishop

Not a freak...unless you think L Ron Hubbard is a freak.

:shrug: All I know is that L Ron wrote quite a bit of sci fi back in the day...

That's it, actually...
L.Ron is a freak. I remember reading some of his Battlefield Earth stuff and thinking to myself that he must've slipped off of his meds for the past coupla' chapters.
Using cheesegraters as both torture devices and sex toys. Lesbians simply being women who haven't met men with a large enough penises yet.

etc.etc... He had some seriously messed up ideas.

Professur

L.Ron is a freak. I remember reading some of his Battlefield Earth stuff and thinking to myself that he must've slipped off of his meds for the past coupla' chapters.
Using cheesegraters as both torture devices and sex toys. Lesbians simply being women who haven't met men with a large enough penises yet.

etc.etc... He had some seriously messed up ideas.

Wrong book. You're thinking Mission:Earth.

MrBishop

Wrong book. You're thinking Mission:Earth.

SWDS - same writer, different shit.

There's no denying that this guy wrote some seriously weird stuff... then formed a religion. Then people wonder why scientologists are weird people and sue the hell out of people who call the spade a spade.

Spirit

Kissy Goddess
But they worship L Ron as their.. *God*like firgure. I don't get that, I mean - he's just a writer with off the wall ideas.??

If he told his followers to take a lethal dose of something cuz the aliens told him it was time - would they?:retard:

highwayman

I seriously questioned them for a long time on their position on medical treatment, shit if I broke an arm load me up with morphine and reduce the damn thing then pray about it...

spike

But they worship L Ron as their.. *God*like firgure. I don't get that, I mean - he's just a writer with off the wall ideas.??

If he told his followers to take a lethal dose of something cuz the aliens told him it was time - would they?:retard:

They don't worship Hubbard as a god-like figure as far as I know.

Professur

According to Hubbard, some of the past traumas may have been deliberately inflicted in the form of "implants" used by extraterrestrial dictatorships such as Helatrobus to brainwash and control humans. Scientology doctrine includes a wide variety of beliefs in complex extraterrestrial civilizations and alien interventions in Earthly events, collectively described by Hubbard as "space opera". There is a huge Church of Spiritual Technology symbol carved into the ground at Scientology's Trementina Base that is visible from passing aircraft or from satellite photography.[14] Washington Post reporter Richard Leiby wrote, "Former Scientologists familiar with Hubbard’s teachings on reincarnation say the symbol marks a “return point” so loyal staff members know where they can find the founder’s works when they travel here in the future from other places in the universe."[15]

source

Not that I ever take Wiki as a reliable source