Severe Earthquake Strikes Iran

Gonz said:
They replaced one tyranical leader with a tyranical extremist sect.

Advances in the political system...whatcha gonna do?

Like I keep saying...:shrug:

Squiggy said:
Maybe if the US would stop planting CIA into nuclear inspection teams, the rest of the world wouldn't be so resistent to the inspections...We create the problem then piss and moan when they get angry.

Does it matter, really? They are being inspected. If the inspection is thorough then the CIA gets the info anyway. Do you honestly believe that the Russian/Soviet inspection teams didn't have KGB influence?

welll, since this has turned political, I guess I'll throw in my 2cents. :D

On Iran's behalf...
I'll say from what i've seen on the news, it looks/looked like they were
starting to come around to Gaddafi's way of things. (so it seems to me)

Now who knows what repercussions this is going to have politically.
Better, or worse??? :confused:

Iran is on the verge of civil war. The younger crowd can't stand the strict muslim rulers & they have the majority & age in their side. I've been waiting for months for war to break out.

HeXp£Øi± said:
Iran is simply not trustworthy of nuclear weapons.

And America is? :eek6:

I'm much more concerned about Bush pressing the little red button than the fact theres an outside chance the Ayatollah might actually have a red button.

Back to topic, sadly

"As more bodies are pulled out, we fear that the death toll may reach as high as 40,000. An unbelievable human disaster has occurred," said Akbar Alavi, the governor of the city of Kerman, the provincial capital.

An unbelievable human disaster has occurred

and that is really what should be focused on IMHO.

I was just thinking yesterday about...
isn't it strange how there haven't been many major earthquakes in
a while then they "bunch up" like the one in Ca, then this.
I look for one more with in the next couple of weeks...somewhere. :confused:

Bungi said:
And America is? :eek6:

I'm much more concerned about Bush pressing the little red button than the fact theres an outside chance the Ayatollah might actually have a red button.

So Iran having nuclear weapons is going to help how?

That is not an argument. It's quite obvious that nuclear weapons are bad period, nomatter who has them. However it doesn't change a thing where Iran is concerned.

An aerial photo of a section of Bam. Some of these homes were 2000 years old. Looks like much of this area is totally destroyed. :crying3:

quake-air-big.jpg

It really shows how much more we know about the earth now than we did 2000 years ago, or even 100 years ago. The California earthquake killed two, crushed by a building built in 1892 collapsing. The Iran earthquake was of comparable size, and it may have killed 40,000.

My compassion just ended

With the death toll from Iran's devastating earthquake soaring toward 40,000, and the Islamic republic's leaders openly acknowledging that as much outside help as possible is vital to limit the number of dead and suffering, Iranian officials are refusing to accept aid from only one nation – Israel.

"The Islamic Republic of Iran accepts all kinds of humanitarian aid from all countries and international organizations with the exception of the Zionist regime," Jahanbakhsh Khanjani, a spokesman for Iran's Interior Ministry, said following word that unofficial Israeli sources were considering sending aid to Iran.

WND

Back