Shackup U?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
The next step in dorm degeneration

I'm against this. Particularly when it's two students who don't even know one another. This opens so many doors for rape, other crimes, and God knows what else.

"I have a variety of female friends - many are entirely platonic, some of them I am attracted to," says Danzig, who sees Wesleyan's rooming policy as an extension of the school's rejection of traditionally defined notions of gender.

And when even the college don't know the difference between a man and a woman, I worry even more. I mean, are there other "notions of gender" besides male and female? And no, trans- or alt- or whatever is not an option. Lemme make it real simple for ya. You either got a pecker, or ya don't. End of debate. I never dreamed that the concept would be foreign to college students much less the damn college itself.

*retreates back into social isolation...y'all are just crazy.

So long as the room assignments aren't made against the wishes of either party, I don't have a problem with it. I must be from some modern generation or something... because I have had female roomie off and on for 20 years. There was no increased inclination to rape, pillage, or plunder.

More of the talibanning of America. In the dim reaches of antiquity when I was in college we had coed dorms including coed bathrooms and showers. Young men and young women roomed alongside one another all over campus. Not exactly the same circumstances but similar. If you wanted to shack up with someone and there was room available, no one questioned anything. It's quite simply nobodies business but their own. Have we all become such nosy prigs that this is now a problem?

from what i took from the article, its not random assignments. it is an option for upperclassmen who are friends with someone of the opposite sex who they wish to share a room with.

So you'd be OK with your daughter being assigned some guy she does not know as a roommate?

I wouldn't. But that's me.

If I had a daughter I would expect her to have some judgement and self control. If she was being forced to against her will, that would be one thing but these are two consenting adults. They don't have a problem with it (you did read the article?), why do you?

Whether or not you were related to one and whether or not they were fucking like rabbits it's none of your business.

Talibanning of America, I tell you. Remember when this used to be America? I miss it.

You know exactly why I have a problem with it. Dead horse.

Now to the other aspect. Since when is there any other option regarding "notions of gender"?

Now to the other aspect. Since when is there any other option regarding "notions of gender"?

Take a look at where the article was submitted; does Massachusetts still allow same sex marriages? The article could have been submitted with the "transgender" story in mind and added the part about the opposite sex rommates as padding...

Talibanning of America, I tell you.

That's right. The institutions of higher learning which don't allow the person paying the bill (the parents) to look at the grades, have a say in the classes nor (now) have any say over the roommates scenario is certainly Talibanning. Goodness knows, we can't have familial control over our rugrats even though colleges & universities REQUIRE parental monetary information.

Talibanning said:
It's the final frontier in the decades-long march away from gender separation in college dorms, hallways, and even bathrooms.
I'm not sure what American you recall to but this ain't it.

That's right. The institutions of higher learning which don't allow the person paying the bill (the parents) to look at the grades, have a say in the classes nor (now) have any say over the roommates scenario

They have every say, Gonz. If you're paying the way and don't like what's happening, don't pay the bill. How stupid do they have to be not to figure that out?

You don't trust your own grown children to be able to make their own decisions. Let me know how that works out for you. :rofl4:

They have every say, Gonz. If you're paying the way and don't like what's happening, don't pay the bill. How stupid do they have to be not to figure that out?

You never tried to deal with college, as a parent, have you? They will tell you nothing...because of privacy concerns of their adult students, for which they require parental financial info if there is any financial aid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back