Shut down CNN

What that you'd speak from a position of authority
as a parent by citing yer future sister in-law’s kids???

Yeah I suppose it isn't, now is it?

So what you’re sayin’ is that I’ll be a Grandparent
before you have to change yer kids diapers?

Uh, I stated a fact. Where did I say I was a parent? Kids are still saying the pledge. I know of three, personally. My fiances sisters. Lay off the meth.

Damn, Matt was right & ahead of the pack....again

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - CNN apologized on Tuesday and offered a rare explanation from its control booth for a technical glitch many viewers failed to notice -- a large "X" the network flashed over Vice President Dick Cheney's face.

Reuters

Lovely dismissive slant, 'eh?

catocom said:
I think we ought to raise hell about it, and write our congress people.
That's the way things are now. If we don't raise hell about it, it'll get worse.
I think there should be more restrict rules imposed on the news orgs.
Most people trust them (for the most part) to report the truth.
When something is live, it should be only that.
IMO any commentary has no place in a live broadcast of something like that.

They should at least receive a heavy fine. The police will write you a ticket
for faulty equipment or your vehicle, they should do the same in this case, if that IS the case.
lol, I like the new av gonz. :devious:

Hey, they're willing to allow people to be killed & lies to be told for their share of Kleenex money. :shrug:

XXXXX DRUDGE REPORT XXXXX SUN NOV 27 2005 17:05:23 ET XXXXX

CNN OPERATOR FIRED AFTER SUGGESTING 'X' OVER CHENEY WAS 'FREE SPEECH'

A CNN switchboard operator was fired over the holiday -- after the operator claimed the 'X' placed over Vice President's Dick Cheney's face was "free speech!"

"We did it just to make a point. Tell them to stop lying, Bush and Cheney," the CNN operator said to a caller. "Bring our soldiers home."

The caller initially phoned the network to complain about the all-news channel flashing an "X' over Cheney as he gave an address live from Washington.

"Was it not freedom of speech? Yes or No?" the CNN operator explained.

"If you don't like it, don't watch."

Laurie Goldberg, Senior Vice President for Public Relations with CNN, said in a release:

"A Turner switchboard operator was fired today after we were alerted to a conversation the operator had with a caller in which the operator lost his temper and expressed his personal views -- behavior that was totally inappropriate. His comments did not reflect the views of CNN. We are reaching out to the caller and expressing our deep regret to her and apologizing that she did not get the courtesy entitled to her. "

Developing...

OK, I won't :rofl3:

Hey, they're willing to allow people to be killed & lies to be told for their share of Kleenex money. :shrug:

NEW YORK - A CNN executive said Thursday the network's effort to present the "unvarnished truth" about the Iraq war led it to televise portions of a video that shows insurgent snipers targeting U.S. military personnel.

The tape, which came to the network unexpectedly through contact with an insurgent leader, was aired first Wednesday night on "Anderson Cooper 360" and repeated on Thursday.

In one instance, the tape shows a uniformed member of the U.S. military milling in a public area with Iraqis. A shot rings out. CNN fades the screen to black before the result — described as a victim falling forward — is visible.

It's one of 10 separate sniper attacks on Americans documented on the tape, which CNN technicians concluded was authentic, said David Doss, executive producer of Cooper's show, in a Web log entry describing the network's decision what to show.

CNN could not determine the identity of any of the sniper victims, spokeswoman Christa Robinson said.

Source

From greedy to illicit to seditious, all in one battle.

Back