sigh...

tonksy said:
IMO anything that someone buys especially because they thought of you and wanted to give you something IS the bee's knees.
Damned fucking straight. He's obviously put the time and effort into choosing it for me, agonises over whether I'll like it or not... damn. *shakes head* I could never do something rude like tell him I don't like it. :shrug:

Aaaaand, your machine's fixed. Where are you folks so I can come put it back? I even ran a full Winblows update for ya.

HomeLAN said:
Aaaaand, your machine's fixed. Where are you folks so I can come put it back? I even ran a full Winblows update for ya.
we were giving away small children at a mcdonald's in meridian mississippi. we're back now...well...some of us are anyway ;)

tonksy said:
we were giving away small children at a mcdonald's in meridian mississippi. we're back now...well...some of us are anyway ;)
Hey, I know where you can get real cash money for those. Oh, wait, you want 'em back, don'tcha?
:lol:

Inkara1 said:
What ended up being the culprit?

Not truly pinned down, as I swapped mobo, PS, RAM, and CPU.

My guess is the RAM slots on the mobo. That rig spent 3 years immersed in cig smoke, and when I reseated the RAM, I'm betting some of that grine layer got stuck in the slots, resulting in bad contacts with the modules. That's just a guess, though.

It's installed now, printer and new monitor hooked up, backup files restored, humming right along.

Not as easy as it sounds, man. You can't easily get in there, and I wasn't too sure I wanted to take alcohol to them anyway.

Back