Sits back, lights a cigar.

Sharky

Same house, but with new carpet downstairs, new laminate wood flooring in kitchen, remodeled upstairs bathroom. Rewired garage/canoe barn for 220v, 200a service so I can use the welding machine a friend in Atlanta gave me.

The goats are fat and sassy, neighbor across the road is trying to get me to take one of their horses, but I'm not sure I want one. Too high-maintenance.

We got the cotton crop in, all except for one 300+ acre field. Farmer says he might not bother to take it in, the yield is too low. The rest of the crop wasn't all that great, we didn't break even on it.

Still with the same woman, she's a good one and seems to be quite happy. She is trying to fatten me up though (damn good cook).

Vernon is on the cusp of dramatic change. They are beginning construction soon on a new bridge over Holmes Creek, and the Hwy 79 four-laning project will begin in a couple of years. They will completely wipe out one side of town to make room, and we will be getting our first traffic light. Next thing you know they'll be coming in building fast-food joints and whatnot. :(

Inkara1

I can't say how things are going with me and Caity. If I do, prof will want to whack me with a 2x6.

Everything else is fine... living in the same place I moved into with Christina in April (before we broke up a couple of weeks later), still got the kitty, same car, same newspaper job.

BB

how are things going with you and Caity? :D

Hey Cool thread - must go read it all sometime.

A traffic light Sharky???

Will the relentless pace of change NEVER slow down? :eek5:

heh i just yahooed 'Vernon' - there was as movie made about the eccentric residents! :rofl:
man it is a small quaint place - i thought you were joking!

Early Errol Morris documentary intersplices random chatter he captured on film of the genuinely eccentric residents of Vernon, Florida. A few examples? The preacher giving a sermon on the definition of the word "Therefore," and the obsessive turkey hunter who speaks reverentially of the "gobblers" he likes to track down and kill.

source: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0083281/plotsummary

there was somet about the movie maker exposing this thing where the locals would cut off their own legs to claim the insurance or somet' ...but the link (after one hit???) seems to have now exceeded its geocities bandwidth!

City of Vernon - http://geocities.com/cityofvernon/index.html

hooboy!

Good on ya sharky - first good laugh of the day!
best, BB

:rofl2:

Professur

Now, Inky. You know I wouldn't do that. A 2x6 is far to unwieldly. 2x4 at worst.

so how did her parents react to your proposing to her?

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
I can't say how things are going with me and Caity. If I do, prof will want to whack me with a 2x6.... living in the same place I moved into with Christina in April (before we broke up a couple of weeks later)...

Gee, I wonder why?

chcr

Too cute for words
Hey chic, don't I remember you saying somewhere that you had a room
setup mainly for acoustics for your sound system?

One of the reasons we own a four bedroom house.

I'll shoot some pics when it's all arranged to my satisfaction (of course, that may never happen).

tonksy

Sometimes it takes a while for shit to sink in, eh?

We had had an issue last year with Malory that when whenever she was with a new or different teacher she would throw fits and act up. I wasn't being told about these issues. Then one day marlowe ratted her out about throwing a chair and i asked the teacher about it and found out what had been going on for about a month.
I was not amused to say the least.
Needless to say we dealt with the situation at home and low and behold! Malory started acting like a good girl again.
Anyway, we find out from the new ballet teacher (Malory attends ballet at the school during the day) that Malory "has an attitude problem and if she doesn't get to go first will throw a fit and won't participate"....I told Malory that she doesn't get to go first in ballet until at least after Christmas and emailed the teacher to enforce this.
I thought this fit throwing and bullying of new teachers was over. When is it going to sink in?

Professur

When it stops working. Just like with my kids' tempertantrums. They work with Grandma, they work with Mum. If Dad's coming up the stairs, you'd better pack it in, or you'll have something worth crying over.

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
Yeah, and it is quite likely that my children will hear it often too.