So hey, anyone object to unbanning me?

ResearchMonkey

oh, you're good!

1281900303456.jpg

valkyrie

Damn...6 pages & going.

For the record Val, I'd assume ban him outright. It was our staff liberal that put him here & then released him with a caveat.

But, it's all my fault. I have big shoulders.
I don't want to start something here but it is your fault for keeping him out of the RW forum. Your decision so that's where I came to the conclusion. That decision has sullied this (and other) forum(s) with trolling and political bashing.

I'm not angry with you, I'm just making an observation. If you make the decision you should not shy away from the consequences of that decision. We've already seen how RM, JP and Winky chase Spike all over this board, including the KK, and post inflamitory remarks (including some that are obvious trolling). (At least Cerise has laid off for a while.) But they are given a pass to do so with the decision to keep Spike on a mini-ban despite his changes and with your own inaction against their negative behaviors. They have pushed the envelope to the point where the attacks are completely overt.

I'm sorry about making you the bad guy here, Gonz, and I'm not trying to attack you at all. You're the only active admin I ever see on this board on a regular basis. That's very hard for you, I know. It's quite a lot of work for one person. The other admins seem to be admins in title only because I don't ever see them helping you out. (I may be very wrong about this.)

As an admin, though, you have to set yourself to a higher standard than regular members. Sometimes it seems like you take pleasure in letting the trolls attack Spike. Maybe Spike has some of it coming because of past incidents but he's been pretty decent about policing himself for quite a while now.

Would I like to see Spike released from his min-ban? Yes. Why? Because I'm sick of the stupid trolling I have to wade through every time I open a thread. This board is just... old and boring now. Same old political bashing bull shit, no one has anything intelligent to say.

Cerise

Because I'm sick of the stupid trolling I have to wade through every time I open a thread. This board is just... old and boring now. Same old political bashing bull shit, no one has anything intelligent to say.

waacrybaby2.jpg

7. OTCentral.com will be the sole arbiter as to what constitutes acceptable and reasonable manner.

Not you.
Your whining about "trolling" = FAIL

If you think this board is old and boring, why are you sticking around? To harass Gonz about a decision that he did not even make?

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Your decision

No ma'am, it wasn't.

I am the FREE SPEECH AT ALL COST mod/admin. In the long run, I was wrong. Free speech killed this forum. Instead of your side/my side, it became Nugh-Ugh...or I know you are but what am I...or simply, and most frequent, I don't agree with your opinion so you're an idiot & I'm leaving.

Thinking, incorrectly it seems, that we're all adults who can overlook the ocassional childish remark, I fought to allow spike to stay. Same with Winky. Same with everybody who was not an obvious troll.

The RW held the political stuff. It was moved, by me & the founder, to the bottom of the boardm givn a red (warning) description. Everybody who disliked it kept coming in & bitching about it.

spike was one of the worst offenders. Too much parrot, not enough substance. HOwever, in the essence of fairness, he was allowed to stay.

Yes, OTC has collapsed into nonsense. That's why I don't mod much of anything, One accuses the other of something which may or may not be an attack. So, fuck it, let it all hang out. The KK is the anythign goes before you get banned room. I didn't turn it into the RW2. That would be you & bish, and maybe peel.

As for OTC...it doed three years ago. Why I stiil show up is beyond me. A bad habit, like heroin, I suppose. If closing the RW would fix squat, I'd do it. It won't help.

spike

spike was one of the worst offenders. Too much parrot, not enough substance. HOwever, in the essence of fairness, he was allowed to stay.

Bullshit, I was never one of the worst offenders. In fact I have for the most part since I've been here ignored personal attacks or just reported them. On the few occasions when I respond to an insult with an insult of my own that's when I get in trouble. The bias is blatant.

Even when I report personal attacks to you more often than not you refuse to do anything about but when I ask you if I am allowed to do the same thing you refuse.

As for substance, I usually back up my claims with evidence unlike RM, Winky, and you. When you guys make up some wild claim with no substance behind it I sometimes change a few words to show you how easy it is to make claims without evidence. I understand you don't like this but it's an effective way of destroying an argument.

Peel and Cerise at least try to back up their argument with something.

valkyrie

No ma'am, it wasn't.
Then I stand corrected. I was under the impression that it was your decision to keep him semi-banned, though you did not ban him originally. Please accept my apology for the acusation.

I am the FREE SPEECH AT ALL COST mod/admin. In the long run, I was wrong. Free speech killed this forum. Instead of your side/my side, it became Nugh-Ugh...or I know you are but what am I...or simply, and most frequent, I don't agree with your opinion so you're an idiot & I'm leaving.

Thinking, incorrectly it seems, that we're all adults who can overlook the ocassional childish remark, I fought to allow spike to stay. Same with Winky. Same with everybody who was not an obvious troll.

The RW held the political stuff. It was moved, by me & the founder, to the bottom of the boardm givn a red (warning) description. Everybody who disliked it kept coming in & bitching about it.

Yes, OTC has collapsed into nonsense. That's why I don't mod much of anything, One accuses the other of something which may or may not be an attack. So, fuck it, let it all hang out. The KK is the anythign goes before you get banned room. I didn't turn it into the RW2. That would be you & bish, and maybe peel.

As for OTC...it doed three years ago. Why I stiil show up is beyond me. A bad habit, like heroin, I suppose. If closing the RW would fix squat, I'd do it. It won't help.
I agree with your observation about OTC in general. You can go to any of the other forums and you don't have to wait long before some of the worst offenders turn a perfectly innocent thread into political bashing and personal attacks. You only have to scroll down in this thread to see the stupid remarks, the attacks and the trolling. It's become predictable and ridiculous. :rolleyes:

I do not agree with your assessment that Bish and I have turned the KK into RW2. What we post is neurtral, never political bashing and often positive. I avoid the RW forum because most of the trolling was happening there with no repercusions. The more intelligent members post in other parts of the board so I'm not missing out on anything by avoiding the Troll Zone. But the trolls don't stay there when there is no one there to feed their emotional needs. Now it's everywhere and nothing is ever done about it.

Winky

Always the victim! Always all butt hurt.

29o3k9x.jpg

shaddup before I give you something to cry about!

spike

Then I stand corrected. I was under the impression that it was your decision to keep him semi-banned, though you did not ban him originally. Please accept my apology for the acusation.

He's not making it very clear is he? I think he's trying to put the blame on Leslie but he won't just come out and say it for some reason.

valkyrie

He's not making it very clear is he? I think he's trying to put the blame on Leslie but he won't just come out and say it for some reason.
I believe he said it was Leslie earlier in this thread. Maybe a few pages back or something. I got the impression (wrongly though) that he had made the choice/decision to keep you semi-banned (restricted). Gonz corrected me on that. Instead, he's just not overruling Leslie's decision.

If you want the ban lifted, you'll have to get Leslie to do it, not Gonz. However...
Last Activity: 3/25/10 09:30pm
Kind of an absentee admin. :shrug:

valkyrie

I know this next statement is pretty obvious but... if you didn't give a shit you wouldn't continue to post about it. ;)

spike

I believe he said it was Leslie earlier in this thread. Maybe a few pages back or something. I got the impression (wrongly though) that he had made the choice/decision to keep you semi-banned (restricted). Gonz corrected me on that. Instead, he's just not overruling Leslie's decision.

If you want the ban lifted, you'll have to get Leslie to do it, not Gonz. However...
Last Activity: 3/25/10 09:30pm
Kind of an absentee admin. :shrug:

Yeah, it's not very clear. Leslie originally banned me, Gonz said he's not overruling her decision. It's not clear if Leslie decided to let me in everywhere but the RW or Gonz or someone else did. It's also not clear if it was Leslie that said something like "never let him back in the RW" or if that was Gonz's decision.

It doesn't look like Leslie has been active at all in a very long time so I don't think she's taking part much in these decisions.

He really has invested a lot of time in NOT clearing any of this up. It would be pretty easy to answer all this in a paragraph or something. But no.

Winky

I just love to torment Spike!

This was answered months ago but
he will go on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on
about this till the end of time.

It would be more fun if he was banned back into just the KK
I'd love too hear him squeal like a pig Squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Winky

Ya know that dog you used to poke with
a stick through the fence on the way to school
everyday when you were a kid?

It was kinda sad when you learned one day
that he had been hit by a car.
(serves that yappy bass-turd right)

But oh well, life went on.

Speaking of which did 2minikey get hit by a car too?