So, how did you get here?

paul_valaru

100% Pure Canadian Beef
What brought you to OTC, how did you find it.

Many years ago I was at my friends place, camelyn, and she showed me this grey and black website that looked fun, it took my months of reading to finally post.

And it has had a major impact on my life.

Since then....

I became friendly with the admins.

so how did you join?

MrBishop

I was a member of JJR's place having been introduced to it by Prof. When JJR512 went belly up, I followed the crowd here and to Xi and eventually HWC.

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
Problem with a computer and a tnt2 ultra lead to altavista which lead me to hwc. After the hwc's offtopic forum was closed I joined jjr. Then kuu mentioned otc in ICQ, so I joined.

Mirlyn

I was at HWC when the OT forum was around. Then that was shut down and this place started shortly after. Followed everyone here, but lurked for the first year or two while I posted at JJR's.

chcr

Too cute for words
Well, my parents met at Berry College...

A '49 Ford evidently has a large, utilitarian back seat...

Seriously, I was at HWC like some of the others. When they closed the OT forum over there This place opened up. I lurked for a while but finally joined up, probably to tell Gonz how wrong he was or something. ;)

Inkara1

My path is similar to everyone else that started at HWC during the off-topic forum days.

Altron

I posted on Mikhailtech for awhile with Kruz, then he sent me.

Then, prof found me on Bit-tech, brought me to JJR512, then the rest is in a thread in the bomb shelter.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
I started talking to brainsoft on ICQ (we went to highschool together and had mutual friends) he introduced me to JJR and Xibase (both of which he was involved in running to some degree at the time). I came to OTC shortly-ish after it opened, I found out about it through Xi I think. I've had a few times when I haven't really been around a whole lot and even now I'm around WAY less than I used to be (when I was in Uni fury used to have to ban me so I could focus on studying sometimes). So, yeah, that is from whence I came :)

BlurOfSerenity

i was at jjr's because he is my brotha', and when his board was having issues in '02, i came over here to see if anyone knew what was going on, and i've been here ever since!

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
It's funny when people are weirded out by the fact I have the old ICQ "uh-oh" sound set to play on my phone whenever I get a text message.

That wouldn't weird me out but it would make me want to steal your phone and flush it down the toilet...and/or stick your head in the toilet and flush.

BeardofPants

I never really did the ICQ thing. I think I did it once or twice but then some weird egyptian guy started cyber-stalking me. :eh:

Came over from Entmoot. Was introduced by Kaz, Oz & Natalie.

Dave

I used to be a member of a Subaru forum that fury helped run. I followed a link in his signature here.